Home

More ideas!

Jedi_Man

Or, more ideas coming, Weapons that look like M4's, M16's and AK-47's! that would be sweet. even better is if someone could custom make them because one thing i like to do is draw and i have several drawings of starwars blasters like these. but they are made by Teklar (random word that popped in my brain when i needed a comany name for them) could someone make these please or direct me to some?

Brain wave. i have no modding tools so i am making a shout out, couldn't someone just take kotor 2's equip menu and change the color and make what ever other necessary mods are needed for two slot holding? just a thought.

I'm pretty sure that's porting resources, which is illegal. If you talk about that the mods might close this thread.

I'm not sure it is even worth it to make a mod like that just to switch weapons. Yeah it's a neat thing, but it'd be too hard to make for something that is not needed. Plus, it might not be possible to make another action (like pressing h to switch weapons) available by a mod.

To make all weapons upgradeable, you can just go to all of the item .uti's and press a box to make it fully upgradeable. Of course, you would need to go to properties and add the effects of the upgrades.

I don't think thats possible.

It would require a total overhaul of the menu art and editing it.

But not sure, never done something like this before.

Correct, sir. This would require *.exe editing, which we do not talk about here. (And/or porting, if you were talking about that route)

Or, more ideas coming, Weapons that look like M4's, M16's and AK-47's! that would be sweet. even better is if someone could custom make them because one thing i like to do is draw and i have several drawings of starwars blasters like these. but they are made by Teklar (random word that popped in my brain when i needed a comany name for them) could someone make these please or direct me to some?

Most people are really big into continuity. If it doesn't fit into the storyline (or the SW era) it will be hard to find someone to do it. However, Sithspecter made a minigun mod if you're interested.

_EW_

PS. For multi-posts, use the Edit feature of posts instead of repeatedly posting (or 'bumping').

Thanks for the info EW. but i think i keep posting normally because that way instead of people having to keep looking for where i ended last time i can start over with a fresh slate. and and maybe its possible with the M4 stuff because revan made all sorts of stuff so you could find stuff revan made for HK or stuff that was mass produced for the sith because of its ingenutiy or something. just a thought. plus I am really atracted to the Ak 47s and M4s. There really just ideas for stuff, no need for them but coolness.

How exactly could you do that robondacop?

1. Download Kotor Tool (it's in this forum, forgot which one though).

2. Start Kotor Tool set the paths to the correct places.

3. Press the + sign on the BIF tree.

4. Press the + sign on the templates tree.

5. Press the + sgin on the Item Templates tree (not the exact name but it should be easy to find).

6. That is all the items in the game. The armor is g_a_(armorID) weapon is usually g_w_(weaponID). It is pretty basic as long as you know what you are looking for.

The biggest problem with this is that it would take a large amount of time to mod every single armor, weapon, and robe. Also, this would make all mods that use armor, weapons, or robes incompatible.

Yes, I am talking about the M4. those are the stats that sound like a reasonable weapon that isn't going to be a one hit kill weapon. though if youd like it different thats fine. well i will edit this post from now on. the upgrades would be everything, and id prefer for both games but if you only have time for one thats fine.

Truly all i want is and M4 weapon. its not unreaonable. peaple still had slug throwers then. it could work. If anyone knows about how to get a mod for it please tell me.

P.S. Id like it for both kotor 1 and tsl

It would need to be completely modeled from scratch. And then completely modeled again from scratch for K2. Then it would need to be mapped x2 and skinned x2.

Then it would have to be put in game and the upgrade files would have to be edited in order to add the effects of upgrades in.

That is how you would do so.

_EW_

And seriously, double/triple posting in the same thread is considered bumping and is against the Forum Rules. Please refrain from doing so - the Edit feature is there for a reason. It's not an option ;)

Correct, sir. This would require *.exe editing, which we do not talk about here. (And/or porting, if you were talking about that route)

Wow, thats really the first time someones agreed with me, lol.

And Jedi_Man, all that you have asked for is either Hard, Impossible or Illegal! Not sure if you will get many people wanting to do this.

Cheers

PS: EnderWiggin, sorry about Yesterday, man.

It would need to be completely modeled from scratch. And then completely modeled again from scratch for K2. Then it would need to be mapped x2 and skinned x2.

Actually, all you'd have to do is change the 'KotOR 1' or 'KotOR 2' box on MDLOps to change between K1 & TSL.

Archived