Home

Major Modeling Discovery!

Sithspecter

Hey, all! This morning, I was working on modeling an area. I tested it out to make sure everything was in the right place in-game before I went any further, and everything was in place. But, when I went back to Max, and clicked on one of my objects, I got the shock of my life! It was not a mesh, it was a poly! I went back into KotOR to check and make sure the piece was still there, and correct and everything. It was! I was sure that KotOR couldn't accept polys, and I'd been told that several times, but I'd never tested it out. I'll do some more testing to see if ResetXForm and Trimesh are required to render polys correctly in-game.

Oh... Hmmm... How come nobody told me?! :xp: Oh well, I guess a this thread can be closed.

Héhéh, MF is talking about my video I recently made about Area moddeling.

I once had a Poly in my area by accident, the shape itself was OK, though always out of place.

Anyway I never examined the thing fully really, so I it was just quickly mentioned in my Vid to stay away from Polys in Kotor.

But I guess a little experimenting isn't out of place, it may unveil other secrets.

Plus I didn't really ever mention this before or can't remember anyway.

Perhaps in a very old thread tucked away on HL.

Héhéh, MF is talking about my video I recently made about Area moddeling.

I once had a Poly in my area by accident, the shape itself was OK, though always out of place.

Anyway I never examined the thing fully really, so I it was just quickly mentioned in my Vid to stay away from Polys in Kotor.

But I guess a little experimenting isn't out of place, it may unveil other secrets.

Plus I didn't really ever mention this before or can't remember anyway.

Perhaps in a very old thread tucked away on HL.

Actually Q, I knew it quite a while ago.

Baaaad experience with a sword model... ;)

Let's just say, it ended up in an "awkward" place as a Poly.

It worked as a Mesh though so I put 2 and 2 together. ;)

I work exclusively in polies. I don't like the lack of fine control with a mesh.

That makes two of us. :)

Actually Q, I knew it quite a while ago.

Baaaad experience with a sword model... ;)

Let's just say, it ended up in an "awkward" place as a Poly.

It worked as a Mesh though so I put 2 and 2 together. ;)

Polies work fine unless you don't know what you're doing. Just because it ended up in an 'awkward' place doesn't mean there's anything really wrong with it. You probably just didn't reset your xform, or didn't align the weapon properly, or left the pivot point somewhere strange.

Polies work fine unless you don't know what you're doing. Just because it ended up in an 'awkward' place doesn't mean there's anything really wrong with it. You probably just didn't reset your xform, or didn't align the weapon properly, or left the pivot point somewhere strange.

Nope, I did all that. :)

Still, it was months ago, so no point in making a fuss now :lol:

Archived