Home

Ohio teacher burned cross on kids' arms

Achilles

11 years of complaints? Assuming he's been branding kids all that time, why hasn't anyone brought this guy up on charges of assault/battery? He's abusing kids physically--the religion part is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it's a cross, a crescent, a swastika, or the emblem of the ACLU. It's just plain wrong to burn a kid.

Yet they still need to vote to fire him. :disaprove Is this what democracy has come to, voting on stuff that should be common sense?

1) you can't force religion on anyone, they have to accept it for themselves

2) think about how you're going about this before you end up giving a bad name to Christians.

3) you're going to get fired for burning anything into a students arm what are you thinking

Well, you can BRAINWASH someone for starters...

Yet they still need to vote to fire him. :disaprove Is this what democracy has come to, voting on stuff that should be common sense?

Well, "common sense" changes over time... somewhere in time its "common sense" for girls to "go back to the kitchen"... somewhere in time burning religious symbols on people is an act of "protection against evil"

So be happy there is a vote taking place. But yeah he should be throw out from the window, before/after the whole legal action thingy... Its assault.

OK, the article isn't clear on this, but did he hold the kid down a la Torquemada and burn him? Because it would be rather difficult to forcefully burn a cross on someone if they weren't restrained first, correct? Unless, of course, it was voluntary.

Oh, and I love the theme here:

A sadistic control-freak teacher is a rather common occurance and must be acceptable, as I ran into plenty of them during the long, dark years of my (cough) "education." But a sadistic control-freak Christian (shudder) teacher should be drawn and quartered. :D

Seriously, though, I'm not condoning anything that this idiot, who had no business teaching in a public school or any school for that matter, did.

First paragraph: Good point, that's why I suggested the teacher was surely messing with these kids heads. Second: I don't care what religion he is, I'd send him to jail and make him play *insert sadistacally bad video game of your choice* for the next 10 years! The point is he slipped and got caught. For instance, my swim teachers are obsessed, make violent threats, overwork their kids and the pool is almost below 60 degrees... but they never will get exposed as crazies because they never cross the public attack line. We shouldn't let people go that far and STILL get away, as it will lead to violence. Maybe. Or perhaps I'm a crazy conspiricy theorist (Mr. Pringles is trying to kill you! No, just kidding.)

Archived