Home

Holograms, Ebon Hawk/ Star Maps...

Scout-6613

Not sure if this is the right place to put this or if it has been asked before but I was just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions on replacing the Hologram of Nar Shaddaa that appears in the main hold of the Ebon Hawk uppon landing there in TSL with another one such as the animation of the Star Maps from KotOR 1.

Is it as simple as moving files? If so what are these animations saved as?

Just an Idea. The planet Holo is sufficient for what it does but I just liked the image of a solarsystem with the planet locations from the Star Map better and thoght it might be a nice change to have a different Hologram on the Hawk.

You could not just move them for 2 reasons.

1. Not the same type of files...2s more important...

2. Its called porting and is sadly: Illegal so it have to be modified somehow but I dont know how I just know you cant do it...wait for another reply.

I dont even know for sure what type of file to be looking for. they are obviously some sort of animation that loops. Buy the directory for the game is complex and often times files in the directory have to be ported out under a different file type to edit them saved back into the game. But i have no idea what these Hologram looking files would be.. I believe the holograms od characters are just .mdl files but these seem more complex somehow.

Anyone know what they might be? Atleast then i could look for them.

cool...all I will have to do is locate the name of the file that is already the hologram on the ebon hawk and rename a lot of files and polace them in the override..maybe..

Edit :Buy the way, Hate to keep being a bother, but does anyone know of a good Viewer that will actually show mdl files..everyone I have tried gives errors when I try them. Something about codes for games they were made for or something.. or even an editor that will actually load files from these games properly.

Archived