Home

dialog scripts?

Canderis

... I believe you need a conditional script. Something like so...

int StartingConditional()
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();

if (GetItemPossessedBy(oPC, "insert_itemtag") == OBJECT_INVALID) return FALSE;

return TRUE;
}

This conditional script is placed in dialog and determines whether or not you have an item in your inventory. If you do not, then it checks the next available option. I believe that's what you want.

@JediMaster: Theres a simpler way to do it:

Alright. First, make the dialog. Thats what you need to do first. In the first dialog node (the one that you want to play when you have a certain item) and put in the conditional script area, put "c_hasitem" (without quotes) and in String Parameter put the tag of the item.

@TriggerGod: You can do that? That's cool, that will easily reduce the amount of scripting I've been doing.

Meh, whatever works works, I suppose. :p

There are several scripts you can use in there. Too lazy to find them all, but its a lot of them. c_hasitem, the c_influence scripts, a_make_jedi...

how would i link it so thet there are 2 options 1 for if they didnt have the item it and 2 if thay did?

ps sory trigger if my questions are bugging you =(

Edit: can anyone answer my question?

ps sory for double post the edit button wasnt working

how would i link it so thet there are 2 options 1 for if they didnt have the item it and 2 if thay did?

ps sory trigger if my questions are bugging you =(

Alright.

First, put the name of the script in the "Script that fires..." area that you want spoken when you have that item, and one for when you don't (Don't put in a script)

Now, if you want the next line your NPC speaks when he has another (different) item, then do the same thing. Otherwise, try the script c_ismale (I don't know if that works for K1...)/c_isfemale (or something to that effect)

Archived