Home

[Shortie] - Here we go...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Fine!” spat Revan. “Send it in!”

The Acolyte nodded and sprinted back out of the throne room and not even ten minutes later, he walked back in. Closely followed by a very short and stubby being in a black cloak.

“So?” asked Revan. “Where’s the emissary?”

“I’m right here,” squeaked a high-pitched voice.

Revan looked down at surprise at the little figure. “OK, this day has just gotten even more unexpected.”

“Expect the unexpected from now on,” replied the figure.

Revan pondered these words for a moment, then said, “but doesn’t expecting the unexpected, make the unexpected expected?”

Silence followed this, where Canderous and Mira looked to each other and shrugged. The little figure stood motionless.

“I am an emissary of the True Sith.” It said. “The leaders of this religion you have corrupted with your dirty visions of power and victory and success. You live off of our name, and it is now time to pay the price for your sacrilege.”

“Careful for your words,” said Revan. “Let them be the words of your masters, but they have been spoken by your tongue. Every man and woman is counted for what they say on Korriban.”

“You say this now,” replied the Figure. “But you shall not be so cocky when our ships will block out the sun of this planet!”

“We have the Academy, the Valley and caves … if you block out the sun with your fleet, then we shall fight in the darkness. Or Space … whichever takes our fancy.”

“Doesn’t this remind you of something,” whispered Mira to Canderous, who simply just hmphd, not taking his eyes away from the small person in front of Revan.

It seemed almost comical, the size between the two.

“Our ships are already on their way,” stated the figure. “They shall be here within the week.”

“Good,” said Revan. “I hate the long waits. And when they arrive, they shall see that I am not be messed with.”

Revan quickly lunged forwards. During mid-flight, he ignited his lightsaber, and when he landed, he sliced it horizontally. Cleaving the short figures head clean off his shoulders.

“Impale this and stand it in the center of the Valley of the Dark Lords,” ordered Revan to the Acolyte.

When the Acolyte left, Mira turned to Revan. “You’re almost as bad as the Exile!”

Revan spun around. “What? Is everyone turning to the dark side nowadays?”

Mira shrugged. “Pretty much.”

Revan sighed. “We have to find him. As much as I hat to admit it, these “True Sith” are going to be a pain in the backside and I just want to get rid of them as soon as possible. I also have the matter of dealing with Bastila. Man, even when she’s not here she’s annoying me.”

Mira lifted an eyebrow, and Canderous laughed softly.

So much for no True Sith threat, thought Revan.

I liked the story very much. I thought a one sentence was awkward:

“Good,” said Revan. “I hate the long waits. And when they arrive, they shall see that I am not be messed with.”

I don't think that a Dark Lord, facing his greatest opponent (or, what would seem to be) wouldn't use that type of language (specifically: "...messed with." I thought that part was a bit out of context).

Either way, it's a good story. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, to me it seems like Revan is really over confident. To me, it doesn't sound like Revan all that much, but hey, that it just me. :)

I did like the story though, and I hope that you continue on with it. :)

Thanks for the comments people.

With these little short fics, I'm putting across a very egotistical Revan. Though with how confident he is, he is still smart enough to know when he needs help. All of the pieces will fall into place and hopefully all questions will be answered in the coming fics.

@Litofsky: That sentence. I forgot to add 'to' as in ... "I am not to be messed with,"

And I said before, it's not the same Revan we usually think about. I'm trying to put a spin on his character, although, I must admit, it might not be going as well as I had planned.

Archived