Home

Silly modeling question...

Ferc Kast

I was working on my first saber hilt, but I hit a stumbling-block. I couldn't figure out how to make the bottom & top of my hilt. I would appreciate any advice that can be given to help me out.

Here is how my hilt looks so far:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
halp.png

Well, I seem to have my top fixed now. But, I am still struggling with the bottom. I can't get it to let me belevel it.

You may need to extrude a little bit to get a tiny secondary extension, kinda like adding a small "cap". Once you have the secondary extension.. you can bevel it, or scale the cap and pull (slide) the cap tip to create your bottom.

Are you looking in the same location you exported it to, then? :)

Time for good news, and bad news. Good news: It now exports. :^: Bad news: But, my two cylinders somehow ungrouped when they exported.

Here's what it looks like in the replacer tool:

halp.png

You can't have more than one object in a lightsaber hilt. Grouping them together is not sufficient -- you must attach them.

Thanks. *cough* It seems I have to do some tweaking on it, still. Your advice has helped me take my step in modeling. :^:

Just attach the two cylinders and combine their UV maps if you used two separate ones. Keep in mind you can't use two textures for a hilt either.

Of course this is all different for non-hilts, which is why I don't make hilts very often. They're obnoxiously complicated. :)

Archived