Home

These games won't work right on my computer it's all very choppy

DarthJacen

Here are the specs on my computer:

Number of Processors: 2 physical, 2 logical

CPU Identifier: x86 Family 15 Model 107

CPU Speed: 2094 Mhz

CPU Vendor: Authentic AMD (64 Atholon X2)

Physical Memory: 1918 MB

Video Description: ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

Video Identifier: 0x1002[v], 0x5974[d]

Video Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6641

Video Memory Size: 629 MB

Vertex Shader: 2.0

Pixel Shader Version: 2.0

Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

DirectX Version: 9.0c

When I run a system check with the game, it says I only just over 900 Mhz which is not enough to run the game. What do I do?

Have you tried the AMD dual-core fix? How old are your video drivers?

I, just, downloaded the most recent drivers for that, but to when I tested it. It's amazingly choppy. It's hard to do anything. When I move forward in game play the character will run for a little while, and then, just stop. Or I'd get as far as looting the corpse, and then that's it. I can't move anymore. T3-M4 sometimes comes out in bizarre colors.

This was not like this on my much slow, now deceased, computer.

I also have Catalyst 8.7 for the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 motherboard, which was recommended by the website for Knights of the Old Republic II, but it's still really bad.

Oh, yeah, and since I downloaded that I lost my start menu and taskbar, and I don't know how to get it back. It's really annoying using that as much as I do, and then to lose it.

And, Data Doctors turned off my system restore, so my pc is a little messed up, right now. (understatement of the month)

I bought a new copy of the game and installed it. I hope, this will help fix it. The box shrunk to a DVD case, if you wanted to know.

Woohoo! Okay, problem solved, I, just lowered the resolution from 1280 x 1024 at 60 hertz to 1024 x 768 at 60 hertz.

Archived