Home

Floating blade??

Ferc Kast

I got my new hilt fresh from exporting out of GMax; However, the lightsaber blade is now floating above it as seen below.

wtf.png

As far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with the hilt in GMax; Everything's as it should be. Before I make the model from scratch again, is there anything that could have caused this?

hmm... have you tried moving the model up?

EDIT: I opened up a lightsaber mdl and looked at it, it seems that there are two boxes 1 box is off to the side, while the other box is right on top of the lightsabers' head. So make sure that box is there and that as the person below me said, that you are linked to the correct dummy.

_|Pete|_

It looks like you've linked the hilt to the wrong dummy. Double-check that it's attached to the right one, as if not, that can cause this kind of problem.

I tried again with another hilt. there was only 1 dummy; and, i linked my hilt to it. But, the blade still floated the same height above the blade. I can see no way that it should be doing this. Any more advice?

Sometime I use that trick to my advantage.

Be sure that you use a original hilt for replacement and also you can try to use mdlops5.0

From what I see the pivots of planes has moved.

I can't remember right but it was something about "reset xform"... Did you do that?

Sometime I use that trick to my advantage.

Be sure that you use a original hilt for replacement and also you can try to use mdlops5.0

From what I see the pivots of planes has moved.

I can't remember right but it was something about "reset xform"... Did you do that?

I only use mdlops 5.0. And, I did use "reset xform". That's why I'm confused as to why it should be floating.

I tried again with another hilt. there was only 1 dummy; and, i linked my hilt to it. But, the blade still floated the same height above the blade. I can see no way that it should be doing this. Any more advice?

It's been a while since I played with sabre models, but are you sure? IIRC, there are two - one directly above the hilt, and one to the side. You want to link the hilt to the one on the side, IIRC, rather than the one directly above.

• 1 month later...

*cough* Wow; How dusty it is here...

Anyways, I was exporting sabers for another user and the blade was too low. Yet, another saber I exported had its' blade working fine. I attached all the hilts (including the one that turned out perfect) to the one dummy DI said not to, which is the very dummy that the tutorials say to attach the hilt to.

So, how do I fix the blades from being too low? That is my question.

Archived