Home

What's in the Next Build

DarkStarMojo

I'm in the process of developing a new working build for the mod and as such I'm planning what will likely be included in the next release. All of this is tentative but any changes are likely to be the addition of more content than is currently in this list.

So, here we go:

• Cutscenes between levels 1 and 2 will now feature the correct music tracks. Additional architectural improvements are being made to the rebel frigate conference room.
  • Misaligned and poorly aligned textures in Testbase are being corrected and portions of the terrain are being rebuilt to correct graphical errors.
  • A new build of detention center is under construction. This build will feature most of the gameplay and environments from the original with a few key areas completely rebuilt. It should provide a more visually exciting overall experience.
  • New level: "Ramses Hed Docking Port, Cal-Seti: Deadly Cargo." The complete seventh level of the original Dark Forces featuring new areas, puzzles, and enemies.
  • New game Icons optimized for hi-rez LCD monitors and modern GUI interfaces (read, Windows Vista quality).

There is currently NO ETR (Estimated Time of Release) for the next build but we are working to get things squared up as soon as possible.

Stay tuned.

You're talking about Level 1 and 2 in terms of the second half of the levels? Just a little confusing there.

Otherwise, great work!

I mean the first cutscene of the game, where Mohc presents the Dark Troopers to Vader and Kyle is sent to Talay by Mon Mothma. Right now the wrong music is playing in the background. We're going to try and fix this and update the architecture in the conference room where Mon Mothma speaks to Kyle, to fix some errors and streamline some things.

On a related note, it's going to take longer than I originally anticipated to integrate the new and revised areas into the detention center. I think the visual and gameplay results will be tremendously better for it despite the increased dev time.

What about moving the first mission briefing to after the opening crawl instead of before, as I keep hounding into you after every release? ;)

Sounds good, though. I'm quite looking forward to it. I hope the "ghost Kyle" glitch is resolved. Also, I think you should restore your original General Mohc model as it was pretty great. Not every fat guy in the game needs to be a Rax Joris close. ;)

Hapslash, unfortunately, did not release the original Mohc NPC, thus the use of a reskinned Rax Joris in the last demo. What you saw, first go-around, was pre-rendered (hence the lack of moving mouths) so the model didn't need to be included in the assets. I'll see what I can do but for now I'd expect to see the current Mohc "reskin" present in the next build of the mod.

As for re-arranging the cutscenes. It has a lot to do with the mission briefing structure. The way I understand it, if we want the mission briefing the opening scrawl has to proceed it. Of course, I haven't had the chance to look into this issue so I can't say with any real certainty if it can or cannot be fixed. I will look into it once the bulk of level design, textures, and model work for the next release is done.

Archived