Home

Achilles' TSL Robe Mod v3.0

Achilles

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just did some more testing after seeing something strange in KSE.

In order to see if uninstalling/reinstalling the mod solved the issue, I had to use KSE to remove the Zeison Sha/Sith Tunic from my inventory and put it back.

When I wanted to put the Sith Tunic back with KSE after uninstalling Slender Female Body and reinstalling Achille's mod, KSE gave me the following error message :

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 190

And after clicking OK the following :

Bioware::TPC::read_tpc_fh at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 190

Bioware::TPC::read_tpc_scalar at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 106

Bioware::TPC::read_tpc at /PerlApp/Bioware/TPC.pm line 35

main::__ANON__ at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 3665

<ButtonRelease-1>

(comman bound to event)

Also the robe avatar doesn't show up above the inventory list.

But most curious of all : not all robes suffer from this bug. Only the items

a_robe_06 Sith Tunic

a_robe_15 Sith Tunic

a_robe_16 Jedi Tunic

a_robe_19 Sith Tunic

a_robe_21 Arca Jeth's Tunic

a_robe_99 Cutscene Tunic

I don't think the word Tunic is just a coincidence here ; still, the item 'a_robe_07 Jedi Tunic' isn't bugged.

So I tried to add one of the none-bugged item to my inventory and that worked out well. Seems like my TSL doesn't like the word "tunic".

Just did some more testing after seeing something strange in KSE.

In order to see if uninstalling/reinstalling the mod solved the issue, I had to use KSE to remove the Zeison Sha/Sith Tunic from my inventory and put it back.

When I wanted to put the Sith Tunic back with KSE after uninstalling Slender Female Body and reinstalling Achille's mod, KSE gave me the following error message :

And after clicking OK the following :

Also the robe avatar doesn't show up above the inventory list.

But most curious of all : not all robes suffer from this bug. Only the items a_robe_06 Sith Tunic

a_robe_15 Sith Tunic

a_robe_16 Jedi Tunic

a_robe_19 Sith Tunic

a_robe_21 Arca Jeth's Tunic

a_robe_99 Cutscene Tunic

I don't think the word Tunic is just a coincidence here ; still, the item 'a_robe_07 Jedi Tunic' isn't bugged.

So I tried to add one of the none-bugged item to my inventory and that worked out well. Seems like my TSL doesn't like the word "tunic".

Well, its an individual error to your system - more likely is there is a model clash somewhere - as the Tunic's use a different model to the robes, so I don't think its the word, more the model. If that makes sense, whats cause the error though I don't know as none of your listed mods make changes to the models - have you tryed just copying everything from the TSLpatcher folder (except the .2da's) across into the Override?

Well, its an individual error to your system - more likely is there is a model clash somewhere - as the Tunic's use a different model to the robes, so I don't think its the word, more the model. If that makes sense, whats cause the error though I don't know as none of your listed mods make changes to the models - have you tryed just copying everything from the TSLpatcher folder (except the .2da's) across into the Override?

I just did, and it doesn't make any difference.

Maybe I should try reinstalling TSL from scratch and then just this mod, see if it works better.

I'm guessing that you have another mod that has added lines to baseitems.2da. The tunic uti files are pointed at what are supposed to be the correct entry, however they are pointed at entries for some other mod (specifically, the conflicting one) and therefore aren't working.

You can confirm this by opening one of the .uti files and your baseitems.2da file and checking to see if the correct entry is there.

The robes edited existing entries, hence why you aren't having problems with those.

I'm guessing that you have another mod that has added lines to baseitems.2da. The tunic uti files are pointed at what are supposed to be the correct entry, however they are pointed at entries for some other mod (specifically, the conflicting one) and therefore aren't working.

You can confirm this by opening one of the .uti files and your baseitems.2da file and checking to see if the correct entry is there.

The robes edited existing entries, hence why you aren't having problems with those.

Thank you for your answer. I reinstalled the game from scratch and did some testing with various mods and finally got it to work.

You are right your mod was incompatible with not one, but two mods i had previously installed : Slender Female Body and USM, the common denominator being baseitem.2da ; still it's kinda weird : TSL patcher is supposed to modify file when it finds them on the override folder, not overwrite them, which should mean even if baseitem.2da file was already on my override folder, the .uti robe files should have found their entry...

I simply removed SFB and USM (can do without them) so I could have some good looking robes. Now if I knew a way to make the three of them compatible perhaps I'd try out.

Now one question I have after playing : I'm guessing the Cutscene Tunic is meant solely for the trial flashback on Coruscant, so am I supposed to receive it when entering the hidden academy on Telos? Because I did.

You are right your mod was incompatible with not one, but two mods i had previously installed : Slender Female Body and USM, the common denominator being baseitem.2da ; still it's kinda weird : TSL patcher is supposed to modify file when it finds them on the override folder, not overwrite them, which should mean even if baseitem.2da file was already on my override folder, the .uti robe files should have found their entry...

The problem is, the way TSLpatcher works is it compares the normal un-edited baseitem.2da, to the one in the Override, and then overwrites cells - however if a cell has already been changed, unless TSLpatcher is set to Overwrite, it won't change the cell - what's strange is that you didn't get a warning when the patcher made the changes. I'm surprised though that USM changes the same items as Achilles mod - hence me expecting them to be compatible - I'll have a further investigation...

Thank you for your answer. I reinstalled the game from scratch and did some testing with various mods and finally got it to work.
You're welcome :)

I suspect that TSLPatcher may have indeed added them, however it probably added them to the end. Since that entry would conflict with what I had in the uti, there would be a problem.

I simply removed SFB and USM (can do without them) so I could have some good looking robes. Now if I knew a way to make the three of them compatible perhaps I'd try out.
Simply add the appropriate base items to baseitems.2da then manually edit the necessary uti files. If you have MS Excel and tk102 .2da tool, then it should be a snap.

Now one question I have after playing : I'm guessing the Cutscene Tunic is meant solely for the trial flashback on Coruscant, so am I supposed to receive it when entering the hidden academy on Telos? Because I did.
Nope, it absolutely shouldn't be there. It can't be generated in the random loot, therefore I suspect that you have another mod that gives you a_robe_99 there.

I hope that helps.

You're welcome :)

I suspect that TSLPatcher may have indeed added them, however it probably added them to the end. Since that entry would conflict with what I had in the uti, there would be a problem.

Not sure I follow you here. You're saying the the spots that your base items were supposed to take were already taken by the other mods I had installed, which is why the uti file couldn't find them?

Simply add the appropriate base items to baseitems.2da then manually edit the necessary uti files. If you have MS Excel and tk102 .2da tool, then it should be a snap.

I could probably do it but I don't think I will, not sure it's worth the trouble.

Nope, it absolutely shouldn't be there. It can't be generated in the random loot, therefore I suspect that you have another mod that gives you a_robe_99 there.

I don't... Only mod I can think off on the hidden academy is Team Gizka's fix for the Handmaiden's dialogue and Atton not being in his cage.

But I actually found another strange thing related to robes later on : after dueling with Visas I saw a hidden panel near where she was meditating (not the hidden compartment revealed on Nar Shadaa, another thing I never saw until now). I opened it and inside was something called "Jedi Master Clothing" with no avatar and textures obviously not made for the model they were on.

From the name of it, I think it comes from another robe mod I had installed a while ago and never worked properly (surely for the same reason yours didn't). How this item managed to find its way ingame after I reinstalled everything from scratch is beyond me, unless it's left its trace on my savegame. If this is the case, then I guess those remnants are responsible for the cutscene tunic ending up in my inventory.

Not sure I follow you here. You're saying the the spots that your base items were supposed to take were already taken by the other mods I had installed, which is why the uti file couldn't find them?
Suppose we have 10 base items (there are actually many more, but I want to keep it simple). I want to add an 11th. So I create a new baseitems.2da and tell TSLPatcher to create an 11th base item (called "tunics") on any version of that .2da that currently exists. I also create a few uti files that point to the new, 11th entry.

You install the mod, but already have another mod that also has an 11th entry. The utis in my mod (still pointing at 11) show up in game but don't do what they are supposed to because I told them to be robes, but baseitems.2da is telling them to be wooden piston fibers (or something).

If you didn't have that other mod, then my 11th entry would be there instead and the mod would do what it's supposed to.

You could, of course, add my 11th entry to the 12th spot, then update the tunics to point to 12 instead of 11 and then both mods could work at the same time.

I could probably do it but I don't think I will, not sure it's worth the trouble.
Fair enough

But I actually found another strange thing related to robes later on : after dueling with Visas I saw a hidden panel near where she was meditating (not the hidden compartment revealed on Nar Shadaa, another thing I never saw until now). I opened it and inside was something called "Jedi Master Clothing" with no avatar and textures obviously not made for the model they were on.
Yeah, clearly you have some other mods in there that you aren't aware of. The game doesn't just make stuff up like this on its own.

From the name of it, I think it comes from another robe mod I had installed a while ago and never worked properly (surely for the same reason yours didn't). How this item managed to find its way ingame after I reinstalled everything from scratch is beyond me, unless it's left its trace on my savegame. If this is the case, then I guess those remnants are responsible for the cutscene tunic ending up in my inventory.
Savegame or the mod you installed actually altered the module itself.

Suppose we have 10 base items (there are actually many more, but I want to keep it simple). I want to add an 11th. So I create a new baseitems.2da and tell TSLPatcher to create an 11th base item (called "tunics") on any version of that .2da that currently exists. I also create a few uti files that point to the new, 11th entry.

You install the mod, but already have another mod that also has an 11th entry. The utis in my mod (still pointing at 11) show up in game but don't do what they are supposed to because I told them to be robes, but baseitems.2da is telling them to be wooden piston fibers (or something).

If you didn't have that other mod, then my 11th entry would be there instead and the mod would do what it's supposed to.

You could, of course, add my 11th entry to the 12th spot, then update the tunics to point to 12 instead of 11 and then both mods could work at the same time.

I decided to give it a try and succeeded in making Slender Female Body compatible with your robes. I think I'm getting the hang of those .2da and .uti files.

Yeah, clearly you have some other mods in there that you aren't aware of. The game doesn't just make stuff up like this on its own.

Unless G0-t0's in there somewhere... :D

Savegame or the mod you installed actually altered the module itself.

Wow, does it mean that the module is definitively altered now? That even if I start a new game I'll have those clothes pop up anywhere?

EDIT : by the way, is it me or you removed all the robes stat?

Achilles removed all the stats for realism - the game's so broken and unbalanced, it does do its small bit to somewhat fix that. I'm often amused at the number of God items on KotOR Files - given that even if you have the game on Hard at the end, whatever character you have will chew through Sith Lords on Malachor.

Wow, does it mean that the module is definitively altered now? That even if I start a new game I'll have those clothes pop up anywhere?
No, I'm only saying that another possibility is that you've installed a mod that permanently modifies the module (usually contains a .mod file that will go in the module folder rather than override).

Yep, even said so in the readme :)

Achilles removed all the stats for realism - the game's so broken and unbalanced, it does do its small bit to somewhat fix that. I'm often amused at the number of God items on KotOR Files - given that even if you have the game on Hard at the end, whatever character you have will chew through Sith Lords on Malachor.
Figure Force Armor gives you +6, Force Speed gives you +4, Battle Precognition tacks your WIS modifier on there too...:rolleyes:

hehe, when I play, Mandalore, Bao-Dur, and Handmaiden are the only ones allowed to wear armor, no one dual wields, and jedi are only permitted one crystal in their lightsaber at a time.

Figure Force Armor gives you +6, Force Speed gives you +4, Battle Precognition tacks your WIS modifier on there too...:rolleyes:

Thats upgraded though isn't it? I haven't actually played in game - still waiting for TG to finish before I play TSL again....

hehe, when I play, Mandalore, Bao-Dur, and Handmaiden are the only ones allowed to wear armor, no one dual wields, and jedi are only permitted one crystal in their lightsaber at a time.

I'm aware of the broken engine, but I wish lightsabers would chew through annoying animals in one - but generally I don't restrict myself, I play more for the story than anything else...

Yep, even said so in the readme :)

Oops, my fault for not reading thoroughly then.

No, I'm only saying that another possibility is that you've installed a mod that permanently modifies the module (usually contains a .mod file that will go in the module folder rather than override).

Hmm... The only installed mod that modified modules is the Peragus & Harbinger Issues mod, and I doubt it added a Jedi Clothing and a secret panel in the Ebon Hawk.

This is all so messed up...

Oops, my fault for not reading thoroughly then.

Hmm... The only installed mod that modified modules is the Peragus & Harbinger Issues mod, and I doubt it added a Jedi Clothing and a secret panel in the Ebon Hawk.

This is all so messed up...

Delete your override, and check in the modules folder for any files that windows media player thinks it can read, and delete then, then create a new folder called override.

Thats upgraded though isn't it? I haven't actually played in game - still waiting for TG to finish before I play TSL again....
Err...those are force powers.

I'm aware of the broken engine, but I wish lightsabers would chew through annoying animals in one - but generally I don't restrict myself, I play more for the story than anything else...
I try to play the characters realistically. Jedi are supposed to rely on the Force, so my Jedi rarely carry anything other than their robes and a lightsaber (I use implants when I play DS). Mira doesn't use weapons on anything other than droids or creatures (rockets on droids, darts on creatures). Kreia doesn't use a lightsaber. Et cetera, et cetera.

Err...those are force powers.

Sorry, mis-read, I'm tired - clearly insomnia doesn't mean my body doesn't need sleep, it just doesn't seem to want it.

I try to play the characters realistically. Jedi are supposed to rely on the Force, so my Jedi rarely carry anything other than their robes and a lightsaber (I use implants when I play DS). Mira doesn't use weapons on anything other than droids or creatures (rockets on droids, darts on creatures). Kreia doesn't use a lightsaber. Et cetera, et cetera.

Cool beans - depends on the implant as to if I'll use it - if its defensive yes, attacking... no. Kreia carries a lightsaber, but rarely uses it, normally have her in a Jedi Support role.

Delete your override, then create a new folder called override.

Uninstalling / reinstalling the game pretty much did it for me, wouldn't it be pointless ?

and check in the modules folder for any files that windows media player thinks it can read, and delete then

I don't see any, only .rim's and .erf's in there.

I re-checked Visas' meditation room- er, I mean the starboard dormitory and the secret panel is gone...

I swear there's a gremlin messing with me on this ship :lol:

Uninstalling / reinstalling the game pretty much did it for me, wouldn't it be pointless ?

IIRC - Un-installation doesn't remove the Override - hence a manual delete is required - normally I just delete the whole KotOR2 folder left over and start from scrath, thus solving such problems...

IIRC - Un-installation doesn't remove the Override - hence a manual delete is required - normally I just delete the whole KotOR2 folder left over and start from scrath, thus solving such problems...

Oh yeah don't worry I did that. Actually I wiped out the whole folder except for the Saves one.

Anyway it doesn't matter, it's not like it's a game breaking issue, there were enough of those without mods though.

I guess we better close the matter since my issue is solved. Just let me congratulate Achilles once more for his amazing work, those tunics are awesome.

By the way Achilles, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions by PM about some other mods you made?

Just let me congratulate Achilles once more for his amazing work, those tunics are awesome.
Credit for the tunics belongs to 90SK. He was nice enough to let me use his work in my mod.

By the way Achilles, would you mind if I asked you a couple of questions by PM about some other mods you made?
Not at all. :)

This would probably conflict with any robe reskins that I have made right? That seems to be what is happening to people I gathered.

So Achilles your robes completely *replace* the old robes, or can you just cheat for them? :xp:

Also, they all look gorgeous, but if they replace the files, I don't know if I'd want to download this. (I like my reskins too. Even though yours are ∞ better than mine. :lol:)

Archived