Home

PFHC05 reskins

Caelfind

These are pretty good, however, I did notice a slight texture on their skin. It looks like the canvas texture from Photoshop's texturizer filter. Is that to make them look a little older?

Also, have you tried to make them into newly selectable heads, rather than overwriting the existing skins?

Sorry if I didn't answer before, but I am studying for a really though exam :(

These are pretty good, however, I did notice a slight texture on their skin. It looks like the canvas texture from Photoshop's texturizer filter. Is that to make them look a little older?

Also, have you tried to make them into newly selectable heads, rather than overwriting the existing skins?

I actually used a canvas filter to make the skin look a bit rougher, more realistic. Have you noticed it while playing or in the tga file? I hope in the tga...

You are right, next time I'll try to add a new head instead of overwriting an existing one.

Thanks everyone for your feedbacks!:D

I noticed the canvas texture in the tga file, but I just took a look at it in game. At a distance, the texture on the skin isn't noticable, but during the conversation close-ups, it has a bit of a pattern to it.

Usually, when I want to add a bit of roughness, I'll go to Filter > Noise > Add Noise and set it to Gausian, Monochromatic, and about 0.5% - 1.5% range. Try it out, play with the percentage slider to see how much it affects different parts of a texture (skin may need less, hair might need more, etc).

Archived