Home

New Reskins for New Items

harIII

I tried the tutorial and I was able to make a new item, my problem still is the fact that I can't tell the item to have this new reskin. Is there something that I am missing?

Did you change the Texture Variation in the .uti to match the number of your new texture file?

Edit: Here's a screenie:

texvar002.jpg

If your texture is PFBI88, you would change the value to 88. Also, Make sure you are using PFBIxx rather than PMBIxx.

Having read your question again, if you have made a new "Bastila", and you want to make a robe that makes the wearer look like said item:

Make a row for the new Bastila in the appearance.2da file,

texvar004.jpg

then use the properties tab of the .uti to make a disguise. Select your new Bastila appearance from the dropdown:

texvar003.jpg

-

This item I'm making will be overall for the PC but it can be worn by others. I just named it g_r_darklady. It is part of a mod and I'm trying to keep everything as neet as possible. There will be many new items and I will explain why I do this.

g_r_darklady

g = giveitem command

r = robe

darklady = Name of the robe is "Dark Lady of the Sith".

Would I have to change this name?

This item I'm making will be overall for the PC but it can be worn by others. I just named it g_r_darklady. It is part of a mod and I'm trying to keep everything as neet as possible. There will be many new items and I will explain why I do this.

g_r_darklady

g = giveitem command

r = robe

darklady = Name of the robe is "Dark Lady of the Sith".

Would I have to change this name?

As long as the Tag and ResRef match the name you wanna give it, it should be ok.

But, you still have to do the giveitem cheat.

Archived