Home

UV Mapping Appearing Incorrectly Ingame

Sithspecter

I've been working on a Clone Trooper Helmet, but as soon as I tested it out in KotOR, I get this:

problem-1.jpg

I've re-exported multiple times, and still the same. The helm appears correctly in Max, and I have no idea why it is doing this. I did use MDLOps 6.0 for this if that matters any. Oh, I did weld some vertexes within the UV map if that has any effect... :(

I've been working on a Clone Trooper Helmet, but as soon as I tested it out in KotOR, I get this:

{snip}

I've re-exported multiple times, and still the same. The helm appears correctly in Max, and I have no idea why it is doing this. I did use MDLOps 6.0 for this if that matters any. Oh, I did weld some vertexes within the UV map if that has any effect... :(

I am not claiming to be a modeling genius, novice, or even initiate, but, have you tried to make the actual model bigger? It looks to be a bit too... small for his head.

EDIT: If I'm in the completely wrong area, I apologize. As I said, I'm no where even good at modeling.

You need to cleave the edges if your UV map is split into parts. You may have noticed that some of the stock models have hard edges in odd places -- that's why.

Alright, I'll hit the Trimesh button and see what effect that has. Didn't think of that before.

I am not claiming to be a modeling genius, novice, or even initiate, but, have you tried to make the actual model bigger? It looks to be a bit too... small for his head.

EDIT: If I'm in the completely wrong area, I apologize. As I said, I'm no where even good at modeling.

Right now I'm just trying to get the Map fixed.

Hmmm... Still not fixed.

Well, I hit the Trimesh button to add the edges like on the models in KotOR, but it still ends up the same. I also tried using MDLOps 5, but it had the same effect. I've hit break in the UV map on everything, and used Detach on everything in the map. It still looks exactly the same. I did get it to work slightly better by detaching it into separate groups, but that had some ugly effects too. I think my model is cursed. :xp:

;o 6.0! New release? :p

It's 0.5 that causes problems from what I've heard (though I don't believe it to be the cause of Sithspecter's problems).

Well, it was Quanon that told me that 6.0 does, 'funny' things, I've not used it, but I've been using 5.0 ever since I started modelling, and I've not experienced and problems, caused by mdlops that is.

Now that I detached, I'm having some strange geometry issues.

I do not know if this is of any use or not:

I just had the same issue with a lightsaber. During UVW, I doubled part of the map back on itself to fit in a small area of the .tga. After remapping to an altered .tga, that did not require the "doubling-over", the problem stopped. I was using gmax and mdlops 5.0.

Hmmm... I haven't really cut it, but it does essentially look like the UV map. The only thing that baffles me is why it's doing the weird thing when I detach. I UV map appears correctly there...

It looks like certain vertesses are a little out of place, thus pulling your texture somehow.

Is it a Mirrored UVW: left part and a right part of the helmet ?

You might have to Zoom in quite stronly to see those odd little flaws.

I do remember that my Mandalore Ultimate mask for Silver had this aswell.

What I did was Collapse or do Convert to Mesh again "to bake" in the UVW.

Then redid the Unwrap UVW, though this time it goes fast,because you still have the older one, So I adjusted it a little and then re-exported the whole thing.

It worked out for me.

Archived