Home

Armed and Dangerous

Cliche

Curious there was no forum for this LucasArts game from six or seven years ago. I replay it evey so often and the humor and mayhem always give me a laugh. Any other fans out there? I seriously doubt it'll ever happen, but would you like a sequel?

I'm a big fan, I was pretty excited to hear LucasArts was involved as I loved Giants. It was like a dumbed-down version of Giants I guess. But yes, never had so much fun in a FPS as in Armed and Dangerous. If ever Planet Moon make another game published by LucasArts, I doubt there's much chance for a direct sequel. Too much time has passed.

I really ought to A&D one day...

But yes, never had so much fun in a FPS as in Armed and Dangerous.

You mean 3rd person shooter. ;)

And yes, Armed & Dangerous is great, and most people around these parts share that sentiment, considering it to be LEC's best original title since Grim Fandango thanks to the humor and sheer mindless fun Planet Moon offer with it. There's no forum for it here because in general these forums are pretty lifeless these days. You'll notice we don't have forums dedicated to even some major adventure games. It's more a matter of there being no one here to justify more forums than with an apathy toward the game.

I'd love to see a sequel, but unfortunately despite the quality of the game it sold very poorly (props to LEC for releasing it in December...not) and so the possibility of Planet Moon working with LEC again is slim to none, since LEC in all likelihood wouldn't want to team up with a developer that, in their mind, made them a flop. It's probably for the best though. The folks at Planet Moon are far too talented and awesome to be subjected to the types of rushed development schedules that LEC according to rumor subjected them to. (Anybody wanna explain to me though why they're making party and rhythm games for EA and THQ nowadays?!)

You might consider Mercenaries and the upcoming Fracture, two LEC published 3rd person shooters that may or may not be along similar lines, though I can't vouch for their quality.

Archived