Home

Star Wars: Lost Heaven

Alright. This is the prologue to another 100 chapter fanfic. This one stemmed out of a mod I found for Kotor which replaced the main character with several alien species. Along with dozens of other mods I had in TSL

As with all my fics this one is a narrative and frame story

Star Wars Lost Heaven

It is a time of relaxation for the galaxy. 11 months after the second activation of the Mass Shadow Generator.

The JEDI EXILE has returned from her selfless attempt to follow REVAN into the Unknown Regions. However unable to find him the Exile decides to rebuild the JEDI ACADEMY.

However. The dark clouds of the force swirl together again. Comes a tale of redemption through the stars above...

Prologue

3,950 BBY

The Coruscant sun finally rose up in the horizon as the planet woke up again. Most of the occupants were already awake from the night before, while the rest chose to sleep in. The wet drizzling rain from the day before was still dripping from the rooftops of the large skyscrapers.

One particular building was dripping far more then any others. One window had dark brown shutters that were now open. The sunlight pored into the room, giving cheer to the hearts of whoever would be inside.

The man behind the desk was an old human. He appeared to be in his late 50's. Sporting dark grey hair and a black goatee. His eyes were dark brown which seemed to be the only color in his face. He had large noticeable wrinkles all around his eyes and cheeks. This man appeared to have worked for quite a while at this very same desk.

The man looked over a datapad in front of him listed various dossiers of different people throughout the galaxy and their whereabouts. One particular entry listed no name on it. Instead it featured a species

"Selkath"

Suddenly there was a sharp noise from a device on the corner of his desk. He quickly pressed a button on his datapad to switch the noise off. As he did that a cool female's voice came through.

"Sir. He's here." She said through the intercom. The man responded. "Send him in."

Suddenly a male Selkath was then brought in by two humans into the office. The Selkath had a very grim expression on his face, lines of what appeared to be fatigue ran down from his eyes to his mouth. He wore a dark black smuggler's jacket and dark blue pants which had black boots. The Selkath grudgingly sat down at the desk of the old man. He quickly motioned to the two humans who immediately left the office.

"Quite a file you have here." The man said towards the Selkath. The Selkath however didn't respond to him.

"Let me see here. Quite a file, quite a file." He said as he flicked through the Selkath's dossier. "But on the other hand it doesn't list your name. Can you please give it to me?" The man asked him, looking up. However the Selkath merely shook his head

"I can't give you my name" The Selkath responded in his native gurgling language. The man behind the desk merely sighed and placed his face into his hands slightly.

"Well we have all day here until you tell me who killed this..." The man slowly went through his datapad until another name came up. "... Rendar Ruth person." He said concentrating on the name.

"I could tell you. But then you would ask me several more questions. So I think it is better if I start from the beginning." The Selkath said relaxing in the chair.

"Alright. Just tell me when this whole business with this Rendar person started and why you were there with your companions. Don't think we haven't questioned them as well.

"Alright. It all started... I think about 5 months ago. Way back on Manaan..."

To be continued

Yeah I enjoy annoying readers by not continuing with the story

ACT 1: The end of days

Chapter 1: In the beginning...

3,951 BBY

Things usually escalate from bad to worse in a matter of moments. Normally I don't know what that is like, but that day 5 months ago I knew all about it

I used to live on Manaan. Manaan being a water world I because accustomed to it. I think I was looked upon differently by the other Selkath, maybe it was because I owned an apartment instead of sleeping beneath in the water. I felt far better when I soaked in a kolto tank every single morning then I ever did awaking submerged in simple salt water. Such a morning did occur.

I awoke inside my Kolto tank one morning. The bright sun of Manaan shined through my windows towards my furniture. As I looked upon all of these things inside I couldn't help but wonder. Where was I the night before.

I slowly got dressed into my Arbiter clothing. I made my living back then as an Arbiter on Manaan. Being an Arbiter, it made me feel better about myself once I proved someone innocent or guilty. I didn't really know then what it was about. My Arbiter clothing was dark red with streaks of yellow all placed onto it. As I got dressed I noticed a hold-out blaster from the night before with a datapad next to it.

"Remember me?" Words said scrawled onto it. I smirked as I reached for the small hold-out blaster, not knowing what it was all about. I slowly hid the blaster on my person and walked out of my apartment into the sleek streets of Ahto.

Ahto was quite possibly my favorite place on Manaan. Sure going underwater could be fun, but all you would see were Firaxa or other Selkath. On Ahto you could see many different species. Human, Chiss, Zeltron. I heard someone saw a Wookiee once before. I didn't understand why all the other Selkath just pitied off worlders and hoped they would get off the planet as quickly as possible. I envied them, they were able to go to wherever their hearts wanted. From what I learned not many Selkath even wanted to journey off world.

As I walked over to the courts I looked over at a large group of Sith troops nearby. I heard all about how Darth Malak was killed 5 years before, but I kept wondering why there were still Sith occupying Ahto.

Once I made it into the court I was quickly greeted by fellow Arbiters. Many of them noticing the special case I was working on.

"Are you sure you can take this? I mean the evidence is clearly weighed against you." One Arbiter asked me as I walked past him. I shrugged and showed him a datapad I was holding.

"I can take it." I responded to him.

The High Court presided that day as it always did. As I walked past all the judges I looked towards my client, the accused.

Here was how it went. Some human named Spexil Cluth got drunk on his share of Jawa Juice and bumped into this Rendar Ruth person. There was a large scuffle which resulted in the murder of Spexil by this Ruth person. There was video evidence which suggested that Ruth pulled out a blaster and shot him point blank for just bumping into him

The odds were against me, this was a simple challenge of stretching the truth slightly.

The High council went through all the simple introductions and quickly asked the Arbiters for their evidence. I quickly went through standard procedure. I spoke about how this Spexil person was a famous drunk and always picked fights. Then I spoke about how he threatened Ruth, causing Ruth to pull a blaster on him and fire point blank.

The other Arbiter quickly went through a simple morality case. How Ruth should have known better then take the ramblings of a drunks seriously. However this Arbiter was already known how inexperienced he was and as soon as the High Council went to discuss the case, everyone already knew what the outcome would be.

It was innocent of course. Rendar Ruth looked upon me like I was a form of Angel. I nodded in his presence and left the court room as quickly as I could.

Life was good. Simple cases, recognition, easy credits. Everything was going good for me and I didn't know what was wrong with it. Sure this Spexil person died in vain, but who really cared?

Of course life usually finds a way to complicate itself. Later that day after finding out what my next case was I decided to take a break and rest at the Cantina.

The Cantina was of course full of mercenaries and republic troops off duty. Sith troops had shortened their numbers during the previous years, but they could still be seen every so often getting a drink. However this time I simply ordered a Kolto water and relaxed drinking it.

I felt a pat on the back and turned my head to see Rendar Ruth smiling at me. He wore a dark black goatee that was rather noticeable with his short brown hair.

"Well hello there. I have to thank you again for springing me out of there." I gave him a good motion as he began to stand up.

"Well I have to head on out of here. My next transport takes off in a few minutes. But if you ever want to get off this rock and your on Coruscant give me a call." I nodded to him but I silently laughed inside my head. The likely hood of me deciding to leave Manaan was almost 0.

As Rendar Ruth walked away I silently drained my Kolto water and stood up. Noticing another patron by himself in the corner of the Cantina. But I quickly ignored him as I walked out of the Cantina and headed for my apartment

Later as I went to sleep I didn't notice a holo camera clicking on inside my apartment.

Ooohh, what's with the holo cam??? Another question and another nice installment. It's beginning to be a good read, RD. I hope it continues on like that. [[What am I thinking? Of course it will!]

There was one thing I noticed however that I just did not understand whatsoever ... it was this:

"Manaan being a water world I because accustomed to it."

Lol. No idea what that is or what it is supposed to be! :lol:

Ooohh, what's with the holo cam??? Another question and another nice installment. It's beginning to be a good read, RD. I hope it continues on like that. [[What am I thinking? Of course it will!]

There was one thing I noticed however that I just did not understand whatsoever ... it was this:

"Manaan being a water world I because accustomed to it."

Lol. No idea what that is or what it is supposed to be! :lol:

I wrote this chapter at 1 AM. I can't be expected to think straight at that hour

I find most of my motivation happens during the late night when I have several ideas swimming around in my head. Usually it takes until the very early morning to unload them

Chapter 2: The clowns that cry

As I awoke the next day a peculiar thought ran through my head. I didn't understand what I was thinking about at all while I got out of the kolto tank. I slowly dressed back into my arbiter clothing and slowly reached for the holdout blaster. I wondered why I even brought it with me the previous day. However for some reason I thought I would need it again this day.

As I slowly walked back towards the courts a strange feeling crept over me. I felt as if someone was directly behind me. However as soon as I turned around no one was there. I felt strangely embarrassed but continued to press on.

As I walked into the courts I noticed it empty, devoid of any life whatsoever. I walked over to the judge's seats to notice them completely empty.

"Huh. Odd." I said to myself as I walked around. I had never seen the high courts ever empty. There was always some form of crime on Manaan that needed solving.

As I began to walk out I heard a very loud mechanical clank. Before I could walk out of the courts I saw a very new energy shield activate infront of me.

"What is going on?" I asked as I moved my hand towards the shield. It was repulsed instantly.

"He's secure." A voice said from afar. I spun around to see 5 sith troops walk out of a hidden door by the side. I was completely surprised to see them.

One of them walked up to me, he was fully garbed in red sith armor. His large battle rifle was aimed directly at me

"This is for letting Ruth go. Have a nice death." Before I could react I was shocked to see a beam of pure yellow pierce the sith soldier's chest. I watched as the sith screamed in pain as the yellow blade was removed from his chest. All the other sith were completely shocked to see the figure standing there.

The figure holding the lightsaber was a human. He wore dark brown hair and had a straight forward face. He wore a dark brown ribbed jacket with a white shirt underneath. A flap of the shirt seemed to be loose and came out. His pants were black with a stripe down the sides of them. He seemed to have a gun holstered to his side. I had no idea what to think of the figure standing here. Holding a yellow lightsaber.

Before the other sith could raise their weapons the figure seemed to move quicker then lightning. Soon they all fell to the ground at the same time. Both their weapons and throats cut.

The man walked over to me after dispatching the final sith. I quickly studied his face and recognized him as the patron I saw sitting alone at the Cantina the day before.

"What is going on? Who are you?" I asked him with my hold-out blaster in my hand.

"My name is Atton, Atton Rand. I was sent here by the Jedi to find more about some guy named Rendar Ruth. Though I found out you needed help after you saved Ruth from being executed by the High Council of Manaan" What Atton appeared to say sounded way to complicated and smooth to be bull****. His way with words was astoundingly persuasive.

"Alright. But what is going on. Why do they want to kill me?" I asked moving my foot towards the red sith.

"Well like I said before. You helped Rendar Ruth from dying for his crimes. That drunk who tried to kill him didn't do it because he had taken to many drinks at the Cantina. He was specifically ordered to do it." I shrugged slightly and crossed my arms.

"So what happens now?" I asked turning to the repulsion field.

"Well first we need to go to your apartment. I heard there was a holocam activated inside there, which means they are probably ransacking your place as we speak. Once we dispatch the guys there, then we can talk more publicly about Rendar Ruth." Atton slowly said as he walked over to the force field. I hadn't noticed a control panel right next to the field earlier.

As we walked back to my apartment I noticed that Atton kept his right hand pressed onto a blaster pistol in his holster. For reasons I really couldn't understand.

Once we made it to the door Atton stopped me for a moment towards the door's control panel.

"I have a bad feeling about this. Keep to the right." He said slowly as he moved to the left of me. I slowly shrugged as I pointed my holdout blaster. The blaster only had the charge of a few rounds.

Atton slowly opened the door. As I peered in I noticed 3 Sith troopers. Waiting there inside, armed completely to the teeth.

"Alright just as I suspected." Atton reached for his blaster pistol and walked inside.

"Hey!" He called out to the three of them. All of them quickly went to their guns and pointed them at him.

"Get down on the ground and put your hands on your head." One said to him.

"No. Actually I think I'll make you go down onto the ground." Quick as lightning Atton fired three shots at all of the sith. All were perfect direct hits, killing them all instantly.

"Pure Pazaak." He said as he placed his gun back into his holster. I walked into my apartment completely surprised.

"So what happens now?" I asked him stepping over a nearby sith corpse.

"That holocam is still working. So right now we should head over back to the council chambers." I was quite confused as to why. But he slowly lead me out of my apartment and back onto the streets. However we did not go towards the courts.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as we walked.

"To the cantina. That message I left should buy us about 10 minutes. By that time I can be on Dantooine giving my report to my jedi council and finally I can have some peace." Atton seemed to be very annoyed at something as he spoke. I decided not to pry and continued to walk.

I sat across from Atton in a nearby booth. We both ordered no drinks.

"Alright. Can you please tell me what is going on?" I asked him placing my hold-out blaster back into my sleeve.

"Alright here is the story. Rendar Ruth lands on Manaan. The sith find out about it so they send Spexil. Spexil poses as an angry drunk and tries to kill Ruth. Ruth is forewarned about his coming and kills him. You protect Ruth, despite the overwhelming amount of evidence against him. The Sith of course are to late to catch Ruth before he leaves Manaan. So they try to kill you in the most discreet way possible." Atton's story seemed to make some sense.

"Alright. So how do you fit into this?" I asked leaning back a little."

"Well I am a Jedi... well not really. I helped the Jedi get back on their feet a little after they were almost hunted to extinction. But really all I do is help the Jedi Exile with a few jobs. All of those jedi types are to boring for my taste." I motioned for him to continue. "But anyway. I was sent here to find out if Ruth had been assassinated or not. I don't really know, but I heard something about Rendar Ruth being extremely important in the Republic. So I was sent here to prevent any form of assassinations. But before I could stop anything he killed Spexil. So I showed up at the trial and found you there defending him. After I saw him leave the planet I knew you would be in danger of foiling their little plan. So I decided to help you." He worded every line perfectly.

"So... what happens now?" I asked him sitting up now.

"Now. Well you have a few choices. I am heading back to Dantooine to see if the Exile can give me a few credits for saving you. You can either stick around here to see if the Manaan High council can help you from any more assassinations. Or you could leave the planet and try to seek refuge until this all cools down. It's your call, I don't really have a part in it." Atton slowly began to get up. I watched as the strange jedi walked away from the cantina.

~~~

The Selkath slowly sat up as he looked at the old man. "Now I sat at that booth for a few minutes. I had two choices as Atton said. One, stay on Manaan and risk a Disruptor blast penetrating my head while I am walking down the street. Or I could leave the planet and try to lay low. I guess it was better to die old and poor then young and rich. But eventually I decided

{I am more of an Atton fan then a Carth Fan btw. I feel he was the best character to include in this chapter}

Chapter 3: The real first start

The Selkath stood up slightly. Causing the old man to recoil, revealing a blaster in his hand.

"Sit down. I am prepared to use this." He said pointing to the chair. The Selkath slowly shrugged and sat down again.

"Not that it would do any good. Ive dodged Blaster fire before." The old man quickly cocked his blaster pistol.

"You have three choices right now Fish head. Either I shoot you in the head, you tell me more about your connections with Ruth or you get deported back to Manaan and face the high council. I can guarantee two of those will lead to death. One will lead to freedom.

"Fine." The Selkath quickly repositioned himself.

~~~

The public transport off Manaan was crowded, disease ridden and generally disgusting. I felt as if I was being infected by these humans who apparently did not hear about cleaning themselves. But somehow I made my way to a window seat overlooking the ocean.

"Where is this crate going again?" One human asked a Trandoshan in the corner.

"Who cares? I think the sign said something about going to Sleheyron." Sleheyron was unknown to me at the time. I probably thought when I listened to their conversation that Sleheyron was some city planet that had a lot of Tibanna gas and was ruled by the Hutts.

As I watched the public transport ship warp to hyperspace I slowly sighed and waited. I had never been on a ship before, but for some reason I thought it was nothing special. As long as I didn't get myself killed for at least a week I could go back to Ahto and forget about everything.

As I looked around I strangely spotted a gold protocol droid by itself. This was strange because I did not see a restraining bolt on him from my glance. I found this peculiar as most droids I saw before that were either accompanied by someone or had a restraining bolt on them in plain sight, as to avoid being scrapped.

I stood up and walked over to the golden protocol droid. It strangely enough looked towards me and looked back to where it was looking before. I quickly decided to speak.

"So who are you with?" I asked the droid casually.

"Oh? No one." He said finally turning his head fully.

"I don't think I have seen a freelance droid before. Aren't you afraid of getting... er scrapped?" I asked crossing my arms

"Oh no. Watch, move away." I walked backwards shrugging slightly. The droid walked forward and bumped into a human wearing a black vest.

"Hey watch it droid."

"Oh terribly sorry" The droid apologized. "But I noticed your lack of fashion sense and decided to bump you in the right direction."

"Huh? Whatchoo talking about, you stupid piece of scrap metal." The human said angrily. He quickly took a blaster out.

Instantly what appeared to be a blaster came out of the droid's right arm. The droid fired apon the human. Hitting him right between the eyes. The human buckled to the ground with a blank look of surprise on his face.

"Do you see?" Instantly several people who appeared to be peasants ran to the body and began taking whatever they could from it.

The droid walked over back where it was before. I walked over to it to continue the conversation from before.

"So why are you going to Slehyron?" I asked the droid leaning on a wall close to him.

"You are the first sentiant to actually.. start a conversation that wasn't offensive. If your clothing didn't repulse me I would formally thank you." I was quite taken aback by his tone. He actually insulted me of my arbiter uniform. Though I couldn't really blame him. I didn't own really any other clothing besides Selkath jumpsuits. Even then the jumpsuits looked the same and I really couldn't find any other clothing.

I continued to lean on the ship wall. I waited there until the ship finally buckled out of hyperspace. I walked over to a window and marveled at the great red planet of Slehyron. Being on a blue planet for so long it seemed quite refreshing to view a red planet

Archived