Home

Pazaak cards help

Istorian

Well, I want to know what determines whether the card you'll play in a pazaak game is +3, +6, - 1, flip card or anything else...I checked the .2da files, the .uti's but I can't find it...the .uti's of the cards all look the same...Any help is appreciated! Thanks!:D

|I|

Well, not the green cards..these are random, yes...but there must be something that tells the game that the .uti file with, let's say, A tag and B resref will add 2 if played...The way the game understands that for the real plus, minus and special cards, is what I'm looking for...

|I|

• 3 years later...
Im fairly sure it's all done in a script, that doesn't mean it's definately hard coded though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a script. All it would have to do is have a check to see which model/texture is used or what number is on the card, then have a check to look up the current player's score, and then add/subtract/modify that score.

Well, there are no script attached to a .uti file. However, I checked some scripts, and the pazaakdecks.2da file and the more I loko at it, the more I am convinced pazaak is hardcoded. You can change the basic startup of the opponent's deck through pazaakdecks.2da, but I believe you cannot create new cards (e.g. +10), or modify existing ones.

Archived