Home

(kotor) wrong disc inserted

vanir

I just bought a rereleased copy of kotor and installed it, filling up the override with restored content and reskins/remodelling. All good.

Try to start her up and I get the consistent message, no matter which launcher I use. Game is updated to 1.03 and so is the auto-updater.

Anyone got a crack? <-----oops

I mean, any ideas?

I can't see how my system specs could possibly have anything to do with this. It's a working pioneer dvd burner, every other program requiring cd/dvd authentication works fine. In any case,

Asus K8T motherboard, AMD 64 3200+

1.5G DDR, 80G HDD, 40G HDD, Pioneer DVD burner, Liteon combo

just replaced the ATI with a Geforce 7600GS XFX 512 DDR2

No problem with TSL

I bought ObsCure for PC and after installing it, I got a message saying that the disk was invalid. I kept ejecting it and replacing it allowing auto run to start it up (which it eventually did). I still had the same problem and just kept doing the following.

Other than that it could be a bad copy, I would take it back to the store and see about getting it exchanged.

If it is an illegal copy, then I would strongly advise not to ask for help here! (If it is a legit copy then you have my apologies!)

I just bought a rereleased copy of kotor and installed it, filling up the override with restored content and reskins/remodelling. All good.

Try to start her up and I get the consistent message, no matter which launcher I use. Game is updated to 1.03 and so is the auto-updater.

Anyone got a crack? <-----oops

I mean, any ideas?

I can't see how my system specs could possibly have anything to do with this. It's a working pioneer dvd burner, every other program requiring cd/dvd authentication works fine. In any case,

Asus K8T motherboard, AMD 64 3200+

1.5G DDR, 80G HDD, 40G HDD, Pioneer DVD burner, Liteon combo

just replaced the ATI with a Geforce 7600GS XFX 512 DDR2

No problem with TSL

I had this problem too with the Best of PC set that I bought when I updated K1 to 1.03 version. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it without updating it. That is the only way it will work for me. It's frustrating because it doesn't have the 1280 x 1024 support that I need, but at least it runs smoothly.

You're both right as it turned out. Reinstalled without the update and it ran. Checked the readme's and its a 2006 rerelease v1.3

@Hayden, tsok I'm not big on pirating. As a writer especially I'm pretty big on intellectual property, God knows there's more than enough crooks in the world without giving them any help. There is something to be said however for legitimate purchases which might run better where modified...I'd do something like ghost a DVD to keep an original in good nick, but I'd never give it to anyone.

Archived