Home

TSL not loading Onderon second level

Azzameen

Curious.

I'm on Onderon, walking past the guards, the new level is starting to get loaded, but it does only load 85%, and then just stops. Moments later, I get a crash report and am back to Desktop.

Any suggestions?

Edit: Okay, I re-installed the game, got the patch, but it's the same as before. Now I'm really pissed off!

Edit2: Is it possible that one of the mods I use conflicts with the game?

• 3 weeks later...

molotovCocktail,

flamethrower,

Republic Commando TSL,

mg_lawenf (a gun mod),

shortlightsaber,

tsl_doublebladed_lightsaber_replacement_hilts,

tsl_lightsaber_replacement_hilts

Dunno if that Bastila as PC mod ist still online, didn't work so I never used it. And in one of my two games, I'm not even using the commando armour.

Yes to the second, huh? to the first.

I threw away all the items I got from mods, walked past the guards, and shutdown.

Hm.

I have HK-47 and Canderous in party, does that make any difference?

Or is it possible I got a bad copy and the bug won't go away unless I install a different copy?

Now I don't understand anything anymore.

I threw out all of my mods, started a new game, but now I'm stuck on Telos.

And it's not while changing the level, no sir!

It happens when I head for the apartments, passing that info-terminal. I suddenly stop dead, nothing happens, and voilà, "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords hat ein Problem festgestellt und muss beendet werden."

German operating system, sorry. Means: Fierfek.

Edit: Sorry for triple posting, but I got rid of all my mods, startet a new game, went to Onderon, fought my way through Dxun, landed on the planet itself, and tada! Walking past the guards, bang! Not loading the level.

I take it you have the German version of the game then? When you applied the patch, did you apply the correct version for your region, i.e., not the US version?

What are your system specifications?

Try enabling cheats for your game. Afterwards, activate the cheat console and type in "warp 502ond", without the quotes, and see if you can warp into the Onderon Merchant Quarter without crashing the game.

- Star Admiral

Uh, yeah, I got the right patch.

System specifications? Duh...

Nvidia GT8600 (or something like that)

4096 MB DDR2 RAM

Dual Core 3100 justshootme whatever

I don't remember.

Will try the cheats. That was EnableCheats = 1 or something like that, right?

Tried. And, nope. Won't work.

I'll try the copy my friend got a few months back. Maybe that'll work.

And if not, *sigh*, I'll never be able to play that game...

Edit: Uh, can anyone mail me the module file?

I think that's it.

• 3 months later...

Update: Just in case anyone still reads this. I re-installed the game, no mods, with update, played as usual. Now, the Shyrack caves crash, Onderon second level crashes. I tried to cheat myself to the other Onderon levels, but it is <i>exactly</i> the same as with the second level. Is there some file that's controlling the loading of modules?

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a very similar problem with Onderon (well, probably exactly the same), I got a CTD everytime I walked past the guards. Then I loaded an older save (from right before heading off to Onderon) and went straight for the merchant quarters - no CTD. So I loaded that save again, leveled up Mandalore, equipped some items, killed the boma, walked past the guards - voilà, CTD.

After trying for an hour, I figured out what the problem was: apparently you get that CTD everytime the Exile has no lightsaber equipped. It doesn't matter which one; as long as you have a lightsaber equipped, you get no CTD.

I just tested it with the Shyrack cave, and it's exactly the same.

I have a few mods installed, but none of them alters lightsabers or Onderon in any way, so I don't hink they have anything to do with it. Also, I have played the game like 10 times before, and I never had these problems until now. But I recently installed WinXP Pro and this was my first game under XP, so I tested it under Win2k Pro (if it wasn't for .Net Framework 3.5, I'd still be using Win2k) and it worked perfectly, with and without lightsabers.

By the way, I'm using the German version of XP as well (and the German version of Win2k + English service packs), so this might be part of the problem, although I can hardly believe the OS language to play any role in this. I'm playing the properly patched English version of TSL.

My hardware is also very similar to yours, but since I had no problems under Win2k, I doubt there is any meaning to this.

I have no idea what caused your Telos crash though, and I can't reproduce it, so I think it might be unrelated to the Onderon crash.

LIGHTSABRES???!!!!

The freaking problem is all about the LIGHTSABRES?

Oo-kay... will try.

Ah, what the hell, I'll try at once!

Edit: Correction: The freaking problem was all about lightsabres. I don't get it...

Ah, well. Works now. Thanks very much. I owe you one.

No problem. When I found out about lightsabers preventing the CTD, I had to look if someone else encountered this or if it was unique. Seeing your recent post, I just couldn't help replying.

[LSP gained] *flourish*

Further research on the subject just revealed that disabling both soft shadows and frame buffer effects also solves the problem. Maybe that will even solve your Telos crash. I suspect the whole thing has something to do with nVidia drivers, since I'm using different ones for WinXP and Win2k.

I don't even pretend to understand what this could possibly have to do with lightsabers, though...

• 2 months later...

Man, you saved my day. I want to tell that this forums cover almost every problem I've found in both games, and it just took me 5 minutes to find this and fix that.

LIGHTSABRES???!!!!

The freaking problem is all about the LIGHTSABRES?

I second that.

Thank you very much Andrei Gijgorev, a monkey dance for you::monkey4:

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem. I'm solving the Sullio murder, and when the game loads the scene when we talk to Captain Riiken, it stops at about 85% and I get an error message and get back to the Desktop.

EDIT: Solved - switched to Vibrosword and turned off the soft shadows. Doing just one of them wasn't enough.

Archived