Home

Great Podcasts

leXX

• 1 month later...

This thread actually got me really into podcasts more. I have tried many of your choices on here. Namely the video game ones. They kind of help me in my job, and I enjoy them more than morning radio, there is no commercials and I can pause and resume them whenever. I listen to them to and from work, and sometimes when it is REALLY slow, I listen to them at work. 1upyours is currently defunct, due to being cut from a buy out involving UGO. Any other good suggestions to fill that void?

This thread actually got me really into podcasts more. I have tried many of your choices on here. Namely the video game ones. They kind of help me in my job, and I enjoy them more than morning radio, there is no commercials and I can pause and resume them whenever. I listen to them to and from work, and sometimes when it is REALLY slow, I listen to them at work. 1upyours is currently defunct, due to being cut from a buy out involving UGO. Any other good suggestions to fill that void?

Yes, the guys from the 1UP Show started a new podcast called Rebel FM. It's really great, and about an hour and a half long. It's currently up to episode 3 and you can get it through iTunes too. :)

Edit: Oh and The Geekbox.

What LeXXy said. Also check out Giant Bomb, I think they're right up your alley. ^^

What LeXXy said. Also check out Giant Bomb, I think they're right up your alley. ^^

Giant Bomb is awesome. In fact I think my favorites so far are a toss up between GameSpot's "Hotspot", and Giant Bomb. Cheap Ass Gamer is pretty funny too. I also just started listening to Rebel FM. I think the best ones, are the ones where there are multiple members adding commentary. This form of media has totally replaced me listening to talk radio in the morning on the way to work. I actually love it so much, that I want to be a part of it now. Especially since I manage a high volume video game store and am on the front lines when it comes to what is really important or not.

Archived