Home

Some modding video tutorials

ROTNR

Hello all, for a few months now, I have been making some tutorials for modding KotOR along with developing some of my mod. Since the Holiday season is now, I have had some spare time away from school and have started again. So, here are some of my video tutorials:

Changing Light Saber Colors:

Creating Module files .mod:

Re Skinning Basics:

Overwriting a Weapon (Part 1):

Custom Dialog:

(Video May not be processed yet)

I also have a series that I am creating called: Complete Character Creation and it will show you how to create a simple concept for a character and then create him/her in 3d... It is no where near complete right now. (Note: I am not the best drawer LOL)

Comments are welcome,

Thanks a lot, :)

-Pete (ROTNR)

Hello all, for a few months now, I have been making some tutorials for modding KotOR along with developing some of my mod. Since the Holiday season is now, I have had some spare time away from school and have started again. So, here are some of my video tutorials:

Re Skinning Basics:

Custom Dialog:

I also have a series that I am creating called: Complete Character Creation and it will show you how to create a simple concept for a character and then create him/her in 3d... It is no where near complete right now. (Note: I am not the best drawer LOL)

Comments are welcome,

-Pete (ROTNR)

I Liked some of them, but I disliked the module one. You left out all the .git editing with the whereami xyz getting. Besides that one, well done.

EDIT: Welcome to LF :)

Re Skinning Basics:

Custom Dialog:

Comments are welcome,

-Pete (ROTNR)

Welcome Pete (ROTNR) :) Its always nice to see new additions to the community, and well done on these video's. Though if I may question - what mods have you done? It just seems a little like jumping the gun, to move to do tutorials, if you haven't made any mods?

Thanks for all the comments! Yeah, I realized I left out all the .git editing and stuff, I did that because I thought that pushing too much onto someone at once might confuse them, it seemed that people were confused a little bit in my overwriting weapons tutorials so, I tried to just leave it as creating a .mod file. And I haven't publicized any mods besides a total conversion mod I am currently working on, which will have new characters weapons etc etc... but I figured I would share some of my knowledge on modding KotOR for others; however much that may be :) Thanks for help on the image sizes Ferc Kast, I will remember that and add an annotation on the video.

All other comments and questions and w/e is welcome :)

Thanks a lot

-Pete

Thanks for all the comments! Yeah, I realized I left out all the .git editing and stuff, I did that because I thought that pushing too much onto someone at once might confuse them, it seemed that people were confused a little bit in my overwriting weapons tutorials so, I tried to just leave it as creating a .mod file. And I haven't publicized any mods besides a total conversion mod I am currently working on, which will have new characters weapons etc etc... but I figured I would share some of my knowledge on modding KotOR for others; however much that may be :) Thanks for help on the image sizes Ferc Kast, I will remember that and add an annotation on the video.

All other comments and questions and w/e is welcome :)

Thanks a lot

-Pete

Total Conversion? Are we aloud to ask questions on that?:xp:

Just watched the Lightsaber color one, and I didnt know how to do that one, thanks. If I ever want to make a new color I follow that tut.

Archived