Home

New NPC-No Sound When Talking

I've made a Rodian NPC, named Terosa(ya, I know, leave me alone), and when making the *.uti file I set the sound set to the one for Rodians. Now, I've tested talking to him, but when he talks, there's no sound. Any ideas? I'm not entirely sure what the problem is here, since I've never really made new NPCs before

Yea canderis is right, try extracting a rodian dialog and using the sound names in the dialog and copying them into your dialog, I wish I could simply apply that in Ktool it would be Alot easier:xp:.

and where would the file for the sounds be?

Edit: wait, found it. Never mind. How do I apply it?

1. Extract a dialog thats has the sounds you want.

2. Open the dialog.

3. Copy the things from the field Sound or VO(something like that) paste it in the same field of your dialog.

EDIT: Crap. Canderis beat me too it. :lol:

in DLGEditor, it's Voiceover ID, I think. At least that's where I'm putting it. I'll try that then Canderis' since I have it in there already

any ideas on how I can expand my mod? this was a very small job, just taking kas_m23ab and putting a few NPCs in there...

Uh, what mod? and yea its VO ID.

oh..

well, I made three NPCs(the rodian and two of his "thug" Mandalorians), and a module using Woorwill's hut. You try to talk to him, but he's not very chatty. You refuse to leave, so he gets annoyed and he and his thugs attack you... obviously, I'm not an experienced modder so I'm not trying to make another BOS. I don't even know how to make a totally new module. if somebody could direct me to a tutorial on how to do that, I'd appreciate it.

oh..

well, I made three NPCs(the rodian and two of his "thug" Mandalorians), and a module using Woorwill's hut. You try to talk to him, but he's not very chatty. You refuse to leave, so he gets annoyed and he and his thugs attack you... obviously, I'm not an experienced modder so I'm not trying to make another BOS. I don't even know how to make a totally new module. if somebody could direct me to a tutorial on how to do that, I'd appreciate it.

I don't think there is a tut for that yet, it is a Master Secret held by the 3 or 4 who can do it.(SS, Quanan, Marius, and a few others)

well, do you at least have any ideas on the expansion of this very simple mod?

Hmm just custom items make HUGE differences, and like the Apprentice mod by Marius Fett, small things like that are nice addons.

EDIT: And module reskins.

well I've never done modeling before... so totally new items are out of the question, but I can skin.... not a substantial difference, though

Hmm, well if you're not looking for a big mod, there isnt much ideas I can thing of to expand it, except maybe a lightside option.

Archived