Home

Warner Bros. Puts All DC Projects On Hold

Yar-El

Yeah, SuperMan is just too powerful. Hulk matched him though. As did Captain America.

Emperor Palpatine VS Superman--I'd love to see that.

Revan VS Dr Doom--maybe even a seperate thing where Doom crosses over into the SW universe and becomes a sith lord.

I wish Valiant Comics would have had a chance. I would have loved to see someone from their universe take on a DC or MARVEL character. I.E. Metal Man (no not CAPCOM's megaman 2 supervillan badass as he is) VS Lobo. Magnus the Robot fighter Vs The Sentinels, Solar VS either Flash or Cyclops, X-O Manowar VS Iron Man (they did star in a game together which I think capcom could have done SO much better than acclaim IMO). Marvel version of RoboCop VS Valiant's Secret Weapon team.

Hell, since I mentioned Capcom, why not throw some of them in the mix too?

Akuma VS Carnage

Or villains VS villains--why only relegate it to heroes? This rivalry is one thing about differing franchises that will NEVER die! It will always sell.

Yeah, SuperMan is just too powerful. Hulk matched him though. As did Captain America.

Hulk's downside is that when he goes Hulk, he pretty much takes out anything around him and the radiation pumping out of his body tends to kill those he tried to spend time with. Thus why World War Hulk came along. He may be uberpowerful, but at least that comes to a equally huge downside. But yes, he is up there with the most powerful characters of the Marvel Universe, if not at least in the top 3.

Captain America was super like Wonder Woman is super. Not really amazingly powerful, but enhanced. He was just somewhat stronger and faster than an average man, but other than that pretty ordinary. A single bullet managed to take him out at the end of Civil War.

While you get DC characters like Superman and such that have Hulk's strength with no downside other than poor weaknesses like the color yellow, or a rock found only on his own planet which was destroyed. They are the classic, super heroes. They define superhero. They are heroes that are super in every way possible.

Thus why I cannot find interest in DC characters other than Batman. I grew out of them in the same way I outgrew Saturday morning cartoons. I needed more depth, complexity, and vulnerability to the characters and Marvel has done an interesting job over the years by grounding their characters into serious conflicts. Civil War is a good example of this.

Are you sure it was THE Civil war though...and not a just an issue of the Captain America comic.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_of_Captain_America

416512401_33d3261533.jpg

Civil War Aftermath.

You can get a Civil War omnibus, but it is simply a collection of the war from different angles. The arc and series as a whole was called Civil War, but outside of the main brunt of the war comics, most of it took place in the characters individual series. The Captain America arc ended with his death.

While you get DC characters like Superman and such that have Hulk's strength with no downside other than poor weaknesses like the color yellow, or a rock found only on his own planet which was destroyed. They are the classic, super heroes. They define superhero. They are heroes that are super in every way possible.

Thus why I cannot find interest in DC characters other than Batman. I grew out of them in the same way I outgrew Saturday morning cartoons. I needed more depth, complexity, and vulnerability to the characters and Marvel has done an interesting job over the years by grounding their characters into serious conflicts. Civil War is a good example of this.

Ah.

Marvel had quite dynamic stories. Probably why I was so drawn to them. Still am.

DC, it's okay, but yes, it's especially turn off-ish. Superman. --'Course if yellow was his weakness--one of them, well, a yellow laser of substantial power and destructive energy output should have cut him down.

Yeah, the SM fanboys didn't like silver surfer found that rock, either.

Actually I can just imagine superman attempting to go through Quick Man's fortress in megaman 2--Capcom. Giant deadly yellow lasers everywhere. Superman would get PWNED. Either that or Dr wily would just trick him and blow him away with something yelow...knowing the guy's luck he might even find that rock.

After superman got pwned, someone ridiculous would end up knocking wily off, or quickman would say the wrong thing to either flashman or heatman and get murdered. I liked the capcom stuff because it too has realism and weaknesses. Could use some depth, yes, but it has dynamics, though.

Plus little 8-bit anime characters are "The She'atzu."

No pain, no gain.

[quote name=GTA:SWcity

]DC, it's okay, but yes, it's especially turn off-ish. Superman. --'Course if yellow was his weakness--one of them, well, a yellow laser of substantial power and destructive energy output should have cut him down.

Yeah, the SM fanboys didn't like silver surfer found that rock, either.

Yellow isn't Superman's weakness. Its Green Lanterns. Superman's weakness is a rock from his own planet.

Just to clarify.

Archived