Home

Semi-Restored Little Alien Guy (Chadra-Fan)

Sithspecter

While I was going through the KotOR texture packs, I ran across a texture that I hadn't noticed or payed any attention to.

Kotor 1/ERFs/TexturePacks/swpc_tex_tpa/N_alien03_low.tpc.

At first, I thought I was looking at the TSL section, but I came to discover that this creature was (as far as I can tell) completely cut from the game. However, the model and the texture survived, and so did a line in appearance.2da. If you change all the model fields for line 328 to L_Alien03, and all the texture fields for the same line to N_alien03_low, you can have this little guy in-game:

little_guy.jpg

He uses the same animations as a Jawa, so he's not really usable as PC, but certainly usable for mods. ;)

Wow nice find, I thought most the cut stuff was found

Maybe Ill get one as a merchant, Sithspecter, by the way did you find any mention of a sound set/language voices if not someone will have to make some(that would be kinda akward making strange alien sounds :lol:) or reuses one like jawa.

Edit:

Off topic, what is N_alien05_low

That's called a Chadra-fan. They appear in TSL a bit, so Obsidian must have taken some unused BioWare stuff.

Good you posted it, I was about to search the whole list of species on wookiepedia, at least it was a C would have gone fast. I'll work on getting one spawned.

Great Find.

EDIT: It works, looks great in game.

Archived