Home

Doors in Enclave

HK-42

Hey, anyone know how I can edit the doors in the jedi enclave to make them open. The ones behind the ebon hawk and to the sides. I know they can open by using Star Admirals open door band...this also applies to the door in Dredshae(korriban).

Hey, anyone know how I can edit the doors in the jedi enclave to make them open. The ones behind the ebon hawk and to the sides. I know they can open by using Star Admirals open door band...this also applies to the door in Dredshae(korriban).

Just a guess, as I have not looked at the .git - but I would guess that those "doors" are not doors at all, but are simply part of the .mdl made to look like doors.

I once used Mr.Defender's Armband to open every door I came across... led to some interesting results in TSL on the Ravager. I cannot recall if I tested the Dantooine Landing Pad "doors" with it, but I believe that if you do open those doors, you will not find anything but skybox material or shadows.

Are you wanting to use the doors as a link to a new area? You may have better luck in that case using a placeable computer console by the door in question, and use the console to warp you to whatever module you want to link there. 2c.

Just a guess, as I have not looked at the .git - but I would guess that those "doors" are not doors at all, but are simply part of the .mdl made to look like doors.

I once used Mr.Defender's Armband to open every door I came across... led to some interesting results in TSL on the Ravager. I cannot recall if I tested the Dantooine Landing Pad "doors" with it, but I believe that if you do open those doors, you will not find anything but skybox material or shadows.

Are you wanting to use the doors as a link to a new area? You may have better luck in that case using a placeable computer console by the door in question, and use the console to warp you to whatever module you want to link there. 2c.

Yeah they open with armbands thats why I hoped I could get them to open another way. I believe Redhawke used a computer on ORD Mantel with the Korriban Module, and I did the same on Ryloth. I was hoping I could find a work around though.

Did you edit the dan13_doorxx.utd files? Those look like the most likely candidates. And did you uncheck the "Key required to unlock or lock" flag?

- Star Admiral

Yes to all, I went ahead and did all the dan13_doorxx.utds and none of the doors were changed.(Yes I started new game, then I warped to danm13.

EDIT: I looks to me its in a mdl, as all the dor13_doorxxx are named doors and just checked dan13_stat, and its a door in the Visitors Quaters and behind the hutt guy.

Hm, I don't know about the doors in the Enclave, but I assume to open them is pretty much useless, as there are no hints, rumours or whatever that indicate it was supposed that something is behind those doors. Sometimes closed doors are just that - closed doors... But if you find anything interesting behind them, tell me :-) .

The door in Drashdae is a different thing though. Rumour has it that the Czerka office should be behind that door. I made the connection from the deleted (empty!) Czerka office to the Drashdae floor. The other way around is a different matter though, as the walkmesh (?) doesn't let you enter the appropiate area to transit to the Czerka office, unfortunately. (Some modders worked on the Czerka office module, but never finished it.) As other posters pointed out that problem could be solved with a computer console though. As it is now, one only sees an anattractive black box (if I remember correctly) behind the Drashdae door. So its better to leave it closed :-) .

Take care

Archived