Home

Rogue leaders: new Indiana Jones adventure?

a.borque

Hello!

I hope I didn't miss anything while searching for news on this, but I haven't found any so I am asking here:

On my holidays I read some articles in Rogue Leaders and one of them somewhere at the end is about bringing Indy to a new generation of gamers in an original adventure. Unfortunately I couldn't buy the book then and back home my local bookstore says it'

s not sold here. Amazon has it and I have ordered it, but until it arrives I want to know a bit more:

From my point of view there are three possible solutions:

1. I didn't understand the article or they mention something about cancellation at the end (I couldn't finish reading it).

2. There is a new game, but their understanding of original adventure is something like emperors tomb (so the new game and the unlockable FoA might be meant).

3. I missed something really big and LucasArts is going back to adventure-business (until now I thought next Indy-adventure would be the fan-project Fountain of Youth and next LA-adventure would be Monkey 5 in 2015 ;) ).

Thanks for any enlightenment! :confused:

A.Borque

Well...

First of all, you can get a better look at the new Indy game by searching for it on google or looking on Lucasarts.com.

The original Indy game was slated for Xbox 360 and PS3 (at an unspecified time) and it would feature "Euphoria," the technology that made next gen games seem truly next gen...(the tech is complicated, and I didn't do too much research on it). After a couple years without any news of completion or even developement of the game...the original ideas were scrapped and new versions for the Wii, DS, PSP, etc. (aka, not coming to xbox 360 or PS3...which killed me b/c I got my 360 90% b/c of the new game)...

Anyway, that's the basic story on the new indy game.

LA will not go back into the adventure business...they haven't made a good adventure since "Escape from Monkey Island" (have they made ANY adventure games since then anyway?)...

There's just not a big enough market for it...and the days of Lucasarts making good games are long gone...so I won't hold my breath for anything that Lucasarts promises or says.

It's a good book, however, you should pick it up when you can.

We've got this site dedicated to telling you everything you need to know about the next Indy game. It's titled Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings (the book didn't know this yet though), it's coming out end of May/early June, but sadly not on 360 or PS3.

As for your questions/solutions:

1. The book mentions several cancellations (including some old Indy adventures), but at the time of writing the newest Indy game had not been cancelled. Since then though, LucasArts have cancelled the next-gen version.

2. Fate of Atlantis is unlockable in the Wii version of the game, but it's likely the main game will be most similar to Emperor's Tomb.

3. Not a chance of LucasArts going back to adventure development - in fact it's most likely LucasArts The Developer is dead.

Archived