Home

Fallout 3 Mods

Aash Li

I just discovered the other day, that FO3 has mods now! That and Bethesda finally corrected their mistake with the Broken Steel addon.

So for those of you playing the game still, what mods are you using? I found some nice ones already. Hair, body mesh, pipboy mod that makes it look kinda like an ipod...

I bought broken steel recently, the new side quests are pretty fun and last a few hours; I haven't touched the continuation of the main quest though. Taking it slow, and making sure I'm done with all the side quests.

I'll probably be picking up the pitt and the two new ones coming out soon after broken steel.

I've got somewhere around 70 mods installed. Most of them are texture enhancements or retextures. I've got a sound mod that makes guns sound way more realistic, a weather enhancement, a bullet time mod, and a few others that improve little things.

A couple of my personal favorites are the Rorschach costume and a mod that changes the effect of plasma weapons ("burns" the flesh off of enemies and leaves a skeleton instead of just a pile of goo.)

You know what I would like to see for an environment mod? Something more realistic. Its set 200 years after the nuke, well in that time the earth would have recovered somewhat and there would be trees and stuff... vines and moss and whatnot covering a great deal of the landscape.

Of course that would be more like a major overhaul and not just a mod... but would still be neat.

You know what I would like to see for an environment mod? Something more realistic. Its set 200 years after the nuke, well in that time the earth would have recovered somewhat and there would be trees and stuff... vines and moss and whatnot covering a great deal of the landscape.
Take a trip up to Oasis in the top right of the map.

Archived