Home

Grim poster

CHAOSMAN

Nice stuff guys! Thought I would check out how the Grim Fandango community was doing since the 12th anniversary of the game (and my old Glottis' Garage website) just passed. Glad to see a few people still around. This one (http://www.jamiehunter.co.uk/preview03.jpg) looks great in particular. Hopefully when you are done you can post them at a really high resolution so we have the possibility of getting them printed and framed professionally. If the other poster finally gets scanned properly that would also be amazing. I think I have a small one of that from an old PC Gamer magazine, but a proper movie poster size would be awesome to put on the wall.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
got myself the scan of the poster. Lotsa grain and noise, some saturation problems (fixed), since laserschwert is currently busy I'll see if I can polish it enough to make this scythe shine again. Expect progress in....I reckon a week?

Don't hesitate to post the raw, uncorrected file. I'm sure I, and other photoshop-experienced people visit who the forums and wouldn't mind a whack at it.

• 2 weeks later...

i just signed up to write this with tears in my eyes:

thank you, thank you, thank all of you. i've found something new about Grim Fandango and i'm utterly grateful to everyone in this thread.

by the way as a humble request;

@the late D. Hurley

can you post (or email me directly if you want) the link to the finished result in a lossless format? (png preferred)

i think i can take care of the hosting by putting it in my dropbox public folder and sharing the link in here, because i want everybody to see this poster in it's hi-res, hi-quality glory.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Progress has been made since I last posted something, but it's still a fair way from completion. As I've said though, I will finish this but when exactly, I'm not sure (probably before GF2 or GFHD are released though!). It's actually harder to do the areas with less detail. I've had to "guess" a lot of the details to maintain a consistent look. Anyway, here's a little preview :):

grimpreview.jpg

j_hunter_hkr: I wonder if you might be interested in joining the Grim Fandango Deluxe project?

You can grab a an OBJ version of Manny here:

http://residual.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=1134#1134

And read more about the project here:

http://grimfandangodeluxe.blogspot.com/

Wow, that's certainly an interesting looking project you've got there! If I can be of any help then I'd love to contribute. I'm just a graphic designer though, I don't have any experience with 3D or anything so I'm not sure how useful I could be...?

• 4 months later...

Archived