Home

Height of a short saber?

Canderis

I am working on modeling new hilts if you guys didnt notice and I was wondering on how tall I need to make a short saber's hilt be? For normal hilts its 30cm but for a short saber I am not too sure. Also does it matter if I make a hilt smaller than the one of the default sabers?

For normal hilts its 30cm but for a short saber I am not too sure. Also does it matter if I make a hilt smaller than the one of the default sabers?

I don't think the hilts are differant. Only the blade itself is shorter.

Though nobody/ nothing is stopping you to make whatever you want as a hilt.

I actually prefer to make longer hilts for the standard sabers, about 35 cm to 40 cm. Its just a personal choice and taste really :p

There's only one way to find out if it looks good and thats to make it.

I never even use any kind of a "cm" lenght. I just make a nqon with free hand and start modeling. When the model is ready and i import the original saber for export i just scale it down and maybe stretch or make it shorter depending on the situation.

I never even use any kind of a "cm" lenght. I just make a nqon with free hand and start modeling. When the model is ready and i import the original saber for export i just scale it down and maybe stretch or make it shorter depending on the situation.

Not really the safest way to create models, certainly for the UVWmaps >_<

Archived