Home

Fullscreen = Restart

jrrtoken

I've been getting this problem every time I use any program that enters fullscreen. As soon as the resolution changes, my computer simply reboots itself. This just started happening yesterday, for no apparent reason, as I haven't installed/uninstalled anything in the past week. That's why my largest concern is that it's a virus piggybacking onto something.

I have an ATI Radeon 3650, and a 2.79 GHz Pentium 4. Running XP, of course. I'm guessing that it's not a hardware problem, though, as I've tried running fullscreen apps in Ubuntu and they run perfectly.

I suspect it has something to do with hardware drivers...are you getting a bluescreen before the computer restarts or any error messages?

You could always try to reinstall your video card drivers...however, the fact that they run in Ubuntu fine is troubling...

As you probably know, I'm not a tech guru, but I hope I can help you as best I can...

Let me know what you find out when you can.

.however, the fact that they run in Ubuntu fine is troubling...

If it wasnt working in windows AND Linux, that's a clearer indicator of an actual hardware issue. As it seems to be just windows, the problem seems to be leaning towards a software issue

Definitely try a full uninstall + reinstall of your gpu drivers

Is it *all apps* going fullscreen or just games, or specific games?

mtfbwya

It's only happening with a few OpenGL games; anything using DirectX is fine. And yes, I've already reinstalled drivers and I've run a virus scan. Nothing has changed that so far, so I'm going to do a reinstall of programs that are acting this way.

.. Nothing has changed that so far, so I'm going to do a reinstall of programs that are acting this way.

Good idea.

Assassin's Creed has been acting funny for me recently, it seems to like jumping into windowed mode every now and then... pressing "alt+enter" fixes it, but Im still trying to figure out what is prompting it :p

mtfbwya

Archived