Home

The Ebon Hawk silently flew through the starry void as all the crew slept through the night, unaware that one of their number was still awake.

Atton Rand was bored out of his mind.

There were nine other people on this ship and not one of them seemed able to provide even the least bit of entertainment. They were all too busy, or training all the time, or in the unique case of Hk, too busy thinking of ways to kill him.

You know...it's time like these I wonder why I can't just set the coordinates for Nar Shaddaa and 'accidently' land us in the Red Sector...wouldn't be that bad of a trip.

But Atton knew better...that old witch would probably throw him out the airlock if he tried something like that and besides, Atton didn't want to upset Ariana.

Wouldn't mind taking her to the Red Sector...we'd probably have a great time together.

Atton couldn't help but be attracted to Alriana...she was beautiful and smart...and the second best wisecracker on the ship besides himself. Oh...what I wouldn't do to get her in a game of Pazaak, Nar Shaddaa rules.

Atton was so busy thinking of strategies that he didn't hear the object of his affections walk up the cockpit and lightly place a hand on the back of the chair.

"Hey Atton."

Atton nearly fell out of the chair he was so startled.

"Would you stop doing that?!"

"Whatever do you mean Atton?"

Atton's eyes narrowed. "You know damn well what I mean. You do that...that...sneaky thing. You sneak up on me when I least expect it and I end up making a fool out of myself."

Alriana grinned and sat down in the co-pilot chair then turned to Atton. "You know I pick on you because I care."

Atton grumbled and adjusted his chair so he could get more comfortable. "So..where to now?"

Alriana put her head back against the chair and sighed. "Apparently we're supposed to head for Korriban this time. Planet full of dead sith or something like that. Hyperspace coordinates are 925.643.9"

Atton leaned forward and began to enter the coordinates but only got as far as 925 before Alriana spoke again. "So...you up for a game of Pazaak?"

Atton turned back toward her and smirked. "Depends on what kind of rules we're playing by Princess."

Alriana smirked back and leaned in very close to his ear. "How about Nar Shaddaa rules? Does that work for you?"

Atton's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he heard her. "I'm sorry, did you say Nar Shaddaa rules?"

Alriana nodded.

"I'm in. You can deal first princess."

"Thanks."

Atton smirked. This is all I could ever want...

Hours later.

Damn...this is not going I thought it was going to go.

Atton sat in the cockpit chair shivering as Alriana smirked at him. "This isn't going the way you thought it was going to is it?"

He looked down at himself and then looked at his pants, shirt, jacket, boots, and undershirt which were all on the floor. "Nope...can't really say I was planning for it to go this way. So...how is it that I somehow lost nearly everything yet the only thing you've lost is your robes and your boots."

She looked over him and raised an eyebrow. "I've been playing Pazaak since I was a youngling. As you can see I'm pretty good at it."

"Yea...I noticed. I also can't help but notice that you keep looking me over. See anything you like Princess?"

Alriana gave him a predatory smile. "As a matter of fact...yes."

She smirked at Atton's startled look. "Oh Come on Atton, I couldn't help but notice all the looks you kept giving me, and to be honest, you aren't that bad looking. You're a wisecracker like me and you make me laugh sometimes. Your a lot better then most of the men I've met in the galaxy."

Atton smirked back at her. "Really?"

Alriana nodded then turned to the navcomputer.

"Did you get the Hyperspace coordinates punched in?"

"No...I'll get em now. Hold on."

Atton began to punch in the coordinates. "You really need to get that Galaxy map fixed. I hate punching in these coordinate manually."

"It's not that bad Atton."

Sure...your not the one who has to enter all these things and memorize them. What did she say? 925.439.7? Yea that sounds right.

Atton watched as the stars turned to lines and space turned a dark blue. "Now...what were you saying?"

Alriana grinned at him again. "I was saying you are one of the best men I've met in the galaxy so far.

Two days later.

Atton groggily looked up as the Ebon Hawk dropped out of hyperspace. What the hell...Why does Korriban look like Nar Shaddaa?

Alriana groggily got up and also looked out the window. "Is there any particualr reason why we just came out of Hyperspace at Nar Shaddaa?"

"No idea...must be a problem with the Navcomputer."

"Hm. Wait...do you feel that?"

Even Atton could feel the rising amount of anger coming from the dormitory. "Aw hell...Where's your robe?"

"I thought you knew where it was!"

"I don't remember where I threw it!"

Alriana and Atton both ran around the cockpit looking for the robe even as they sensed the anger getting closer and closer to the cockpit.

Alriana held up a brown cloak triumphantly. "Found it!"

"She's nearly here! Put it on! Put it on!"

Alriana was putting on her robe as quickly as she could even as they heard a light knocking at the door. "Open the door. Now."

Alriana finished slipping on her robe and quickly hit the open button and the door swished open. A woman in a brown robe with her face covered by a hood stood in the doorway.

"Why have we arrived at Nar Shaddaa? I thought I told you that we were to go to Korriban to find Master Vash."

Alriana nodded. "I'm sorry Kreia...We were running low on supplies and Nar Shaddaa was the...closest destination where we could pick up supplies. I was just about to ask Atton to take the ship down...so we could pick up the supplies."

Kreia stared at the two of them from under her hood. "Very well. It would be best if we are properly supplied for what is to come."

Kreia turned to leave and Atton was about to breathe a sigh of relief when Kreia's vouce reached him from around the corridor. "Do not assume that I don't know what went on btween the two of you. I shall be having words With both of you about this matter."

Alriana looked at Atton.

Atton looked at Alrian.

And then they both broke out laughing. "Y-You do know that she's probably going to kill me right?" Atton laughed.

Alriana was nearly on the floor she was beside herself with laughter. "I'll probably be on the floor with you when she kills you. Go ahead...take her in for a landing. I've heard some nice things about the so called 'Red Sector'."

Atton grinned and began to pilot the ship down.

Looks like this trip is about to get a lot more fun.

• 2 weeks later...

There are typos, grammatical and some punctuation errors. I can't help but wonder what they were doing for two whole days :p As wass mentioned earlier, the banter between them is entertaining, but doesn't really cover any new ground. I can't believe Kreia would be duped so easily though! All she does is sit in the dorm and spy on people with her mind, after all ;o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived