Home

HELP - Issues with Installation Folder

Laura Muffin

Hi, I'm having a big problem right now and I don't know how to fix it...

1) I want to manually backup a couple save files to my desktop, but when I go to the Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves file it is empty! Which is weird..cuz all the saved games show up in the load menu.

2) I want to COMPLETELY remove all overrides/mods from my system!

-I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (all the mods were still in place)

-I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, then deleting the override folder and making a NEW override folder (worked ONCE, but even then some of the mods were still in place..and I tried it again just now but when I go to make a new game I can clearly see some mods still in place) :confused:.

If anyone could help me out I'd sooo appreciate it! I have Vista, but all things related to PLAYING the game are absolutely fine, I have 0 issues there..I just want a "clean" installation of kotor 2 again!

Please respond sooon :hor: .

Hi, I'm having a big problem right now and I don't know how to fix it...

1) I want to manually backup a couple save files to my desktop, but when I go to the Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves file it is empty! Which is weird..cuz all the saved games show up in the load menu.

This will be a file viewability issue, if you click on the explorer window and go to something like, tools, options, advanced, view files, and click to view all they should show up.

2) I want to COMPLETELY remove all overrides/mods from my system!

-I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (all the mods were still in place)

-I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, then deleting the override folder and making a NEW override folder (worked ONCE, but even then some of the mods were still in place..and I tried it again just now but when I go to make a new game I can clearly see some mods still in place) :confused:.

It seems Vista is making backups - what mods have you got installed, as actually you rarely need to re-install the game to get rid of all mods. You can just go into your Override folder and select all and delete all, to clear out all the mods. Any module files are easy enough to find as well as they are different to the default game modules.

If anyone could help me out I'd sooo appreciate it! I have Vista, but all things related to PLAYING the game are absolutely fine, I have 0 issues there..I just want a "clean" installation of kotor 2 again!

Please respond sooon :hor:

Do you have a gaming profile in Vista, as that could be whats causing the issues, you may need to clear any K2 information out of that, after you have un-installed K2 - hope that helps!

How do I find my "gaming profile"? And I tried to follow what you were saying about the "saved games" files and I couldn't figure it out >.< ...Grr. For my Override, I've tried deleting all the items in it without uninstalling and that didn't work, so I started trying the uninstall method.

Have you checked the folders in 'Compatibility Files', if that heading is showing up in your SWKotOR2 directory? There may be files in the Override folder in there - I had that problem, even though I hadn't gone near that folder.

EDIT: May also apply for the saves.

How do I find my "gaming profile"? And I tried to follow what you were saying about the "saved games" files and I couldn't figure it out >.< ...Grr. For my Override, I've tried deleting all the items in it without uninstalling and that didn't work, so I started trying the uninstall method.

No worries, my fault, I'd said the XP way to change it, on the Vista Explorer, you will see in the top left a button called "Organize" click on it, then click on "Folder and Search Options", another window will pop up, change to the "view" tab, in the advanced settings bit, see the "Hidden Files and Folder" change the settings to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" - Your saved games should then pop up. I'll get back to you on the gamer profile - not something I normally have to deal with so will have to look that up instead of helping from memory.

Edit: SW01 beat me to it, the Compatibilty folder is the other likely problem.

Ah! Thank you guys so much..The compatibility files were the problem! That's so dummmb, lol why are they there? hah, well I'm glad I know that now.

Again, thanks for the quick responses! :thmbup1:

EDIT:: Now if only I could fix what it causing this when I put my modded head in override...Anyone? lol:

faceweirdness.jpg

Sorry for double posting..but is there a better section I can post my problem with modelling in? >.< I'm such a noob to these forums.

Archived