Home

Heavy Midnight

SkywalkerRules

Ashtin turned his head to see Jericho standing by him with his guns drawn. Peering over Jericho's shoulder he could see the werewolf charging at them. This wasn't what he wanted right now, what he wanted was to be some place dark. His nerves started feel more on fire the longer he stayed outside as the sun continued to rise slowly. The sun thankfully seemed to be rising unusally slowly this morning. Shacking his head Ashtin didn't have time to worry about the werewolf or Jericho.

Ashtin knew that once the sun rose the werewolf would take on its human form again, making him less dangerous to the community around. Standing there feeling greatly uncomfortable he looked over at Jericho.

"We should do something to slow him down and stop him. He can't be allowed to reach Moxie." He said in a whisper to Jericho.

Looking over at Moxie he placed his hand gently upon her shoulder and gave the best smile he could. Which wasn't anything special, and greatly difficult for him. Ashtin figured by the urgency in her voice earlier she could tell that being outside with the sun rising was uncomfortable for him so he did his best to show that he was alright.

"Go inside and lock the door until I say it is safe." He said to Moxie.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Fancy running into you both here."

"Jericho!" Moxie said. Suddenly, she saw the same Werewolf from last night... charging at them! The young girl became afraid. She couldn't just let her friends be killed by that thing! She then noticed that Ashtin placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled the best way he could.

"Go inside and lock the door until I say it is safe."

Moxie tearfully stared at Ashtin. She then shook her head rapidly. "No!! No! I can't let anything happen to you nor Jericho, Ashtin! You... darn it!"

"No!! No! I can't let anything happen to you nor Jericho, Ashtin! You... darn it!"

Ashtin listened to her for a moment allowing his thoughts to swirl around her words. His eyes never left contact with hers. He allowed her to see his crimson eyes looking deep into hers. With his hands still lightly on her shoulders he let out a soft sigh. She was so innocent, and yet he could feel that she was deeply hurt by something.

"You don't have a choice..." he said to her as he pushed Moxie back into her house and shut the door, breaking off the door knob on his side.

Turning Ashtin now faced the charging werewolf and threw the door knob onto the ground. He had to come up with a plan quickly, or Jericho would. Either way his exit strategy had to stay clear. Ashtin slightly turned his head towards Jericho and gave a slight grin.

"Got any ideas?" Ashtin said to Jericho.

"You don't have a choice..."

And with that, Ashtin pushed her inside. Moxie fell on the soft carpet floor, and looked at the closed door, stunned. She could hear the doorknob break from the outside.

Running by the door, Moxie banged on it. "Ashtin! Please! Don't do this!" She breathed, bowed her head, and closed her tearful eyes. "Be careful..." she whispered.

Hopefully, Uncle Jesse and Aunt Marie weren't awoke yet to hear the commotion. That was a relief. Moxie then glanced around the basement, trying to find anything suitable if the Werewolf ever did come inside...

(Meanwhile)

"I'll follow you guys, just try not to go too slow this time Sonya."

Sonya glanced back at John and winked. "don't worry, big guy. I won't."

She could see that the Sun was almost up. "Geez, how long were we up?" Sonya thought to herself.

"Got any ideas?"

Jericho smiled as he put his guns away. He pulled his bandana back over his mouth and cracked his neck.

"Yeah, just one."

Two silver daggers popped up from two slings tied around his wrists. he ran at the werewolf and gave a small slice at on of his legs. The werewolf turned around and took a swipe at Jericho. Jericho jumped on the werewolf's head and over him.

"Its called follow the vampire, now let's see how well our werewolf friend will play."

Koran yelled as the dagger made contact with his leg and charged at the other vampire. The vampire began to run. The vampire would sprint and then suddenly change directions. Koran was angry, confused, and now very tired but that would not stop him.

Ashtin stood there and watch Jericho attack the werewolf. He grits his teeth as his fist tighten making his nails dig into his skin causing his palms to bleed. Now Ashtin has a choice to make, either follow after Jericho and the werewolf or let his self preservation take over. He wasn't to fond of the idea of dying just yet so with a frustrated sigh he ran over to the basement door hoping Moxie was still near it.

"Moxie, go to the front door. Let me in through there." he said in a slight whispered tone.

Ashtin ran towards the front and jumped over a fence like it was nothing. There was a slight rush every time he had to jump at any height. He more than anything enjoyed the feeling of being able to fly, even if it was only for a moment. Turning the corner of the house tightly he dug his fingers into the ground digging up some of the grass as he took the sharp turn. Once he reached the front door he tapped on it softly to let her know he was there.

Moxie had her arms crossed with frustration, sitting near the closed door of the basement. Suddenly, she heard Ashtin's whisper.

"Moxie, go to the front door. Let me in through there."

The young girl turned around and answered, "All right. Will do." She then got up, and ran back upstairs. When she went through the living room and to the front door, she heard soft tappings. Ashtin...

"Hold on, Ashtin! I'm coming." Moxie went to the front door, and opened in.

Ashtin watched as the door opened but couldn't compel himself to cross the thresh hold into the house. One feature he hated about being what he was is that with out being invited private homes were protected by the spiritual force of the occupants. Standing there his jay clenched tightly he inhaled and exhaled heavily.

"Moxie, you have to invite me in." he said showing slight urgency in his voice.

This is why he enjoyed big events, or traveling to the park for feeding. Always a chance that some one won't make it home. And most of the time he did kill his victims, just simply erased their memory of the attack. They would live a productive life more or less, be slightly anemic. Nothing that todays medication couldn't take care of.

"Moxie, you have to invite me in."

The young girl looked at him strangely. Suddenly, she remembered that she read that you had to invite the Vampire inside. Otherwise, the spiritual power inside the house may drive them away.

She was also a big fan of Supernatural things...

"Sure. Uh... please, sir. Come inside," Moxie said, gesturing her hand for him to come inside. She sure hoped this would work. If not... things would go a little wrong for all of them...

Ashtin couldn't help but laugh a little at her words. It was funny to him how humans would become so formal when they willingly invited a vampire into they're home. It was one of those quirks about them that he guessed they couldn't get over. But certainly they didn't invite friends in like that, or that would just prove a little more rediculous.

"You don't have to be so formal about it. Just pretend I'm your friend." He told her still laughing a little. "You have anyplace I can sleep? I'm getting rather tired."

It was different being in a human home, it was so much brighter. In a way it kind of hurt just to be in here as the day was coming closer to full life. As he walked by her Ashtin turned around and looked at her. His hands were in his front pockets, as his crimson eyes traced over her. Ashtin couldn't help but wonder how she tasted. He still wanted to know if she was a sweet treat, or something else.

"You don't have to be so formal about it. Just pretend I'm your friend." He told her still laughing a little. "You have anyplace I can sleep? I'm getting rather tired."

After she closed the front door and locked it, Moxie replied, "Well... we do have an attic upstairs. Wanna sleep there? Don't worry, it's kinda dark."

Suddenly, she noticed that he was looking at her, as if in a trance. The young girl wondered what he was thinking. Maybe... nah. Moxie thought he was a cool Vampire. Good-hearted, even if he didn't want to show it. Caring, thoughtful... attractive...

Moxie shook her head, and blushed.

Ashtin raised his left eyebrow as he noticed Moxie's change in color. Something was going through that girls mind and he was curious about it, but it wasn't really any of his concern. Keeping his hands in his pocket he rocked on his heals thinking. His head leaning backwards forcing his eyes to look at the ceiling above. Taking in a deep breath he exhaled deeply and nodded his head.

"Alright, that will do for now." he said to her the tone in his voice was more gentle then before.

Stepping to one side Ashtin stood there taking his hands out of his pockets and bringing them to his back. He looked at Moxie again and gave a slight smile waiting for her to leed the way.

Moxie rubbed her neck nervously after she thought about that last part about him. Suddenly, she heard Ashtin's voice break the awkward silence.

"Alright, that will do for now."

The young girl smiled, and nodded. Then she noticed that he was waiting on her to lead the way to the attic. "Oh! Right. Follow me..." And with that, she began to walk towards the direction of the attic. After coming through the second floor, and towards a door next to her room, Moxie opened it.

The attic led upwards with stairs. To her, it was kinda creepy to go up there. Even by yourself. But Ashtin was a Vampire. He could take care of himself. But if he needed any help... she'd be there to help him.

Moxie turned and looked at Ashtin. "Well'p. Here we are, at the attic. I'm pretty sure you'll be safe up there." She smiled.

Ashtin followed Moxie through her house up to the second floor. He noticed that the steps up to the attic moaned a little as he placed his body weight upon them. Keeping his distance from Moxie, Ashtin watched her with great interest. He couldn't help but lick his lips as they continued up to the attic, his hunger had grown that was obvious. But now wasn't the time to feed, and he wouldn't feed upon her. Once they reached the attic she turned and spoke with a smile upon her face. That smile almost seemed to draw him closer to her. Slowly he raised his hand and placed it upon her cheek.

"Thank you. Now you look tired. You should try to get some rest as well." He spoke softly to her as he lowered his hand and started walking around the attic.

Ashtin reaches the side of the room and notices that this part of the floor bends under his weight more then anywhere else. Kneeling down he pulls up the loose boards and placed them down to the side quietly. He looked at the hole, it seemed big enough to hold him. Sliding into the hole he created he started to pull the boards back over him to give himself some shelter, and possibly allow him to hide if anyone comes looking up in the attic.

Moxie blushed, after Ashtin placed his hand upon her cheek. It was cold, yet gentle.

"Thank you. Now you look tired. You should try to get some rest as well."

The young girl blinked out of her trance, and nodded with a smile. "Yeah. You're right. Take care, and have a good... daylight sleep." After Ashtin left, Moxie went inside her room, and closed the door. Hopefully, her folks were still asleep, due to the fact that they needed their rest.

Moxie took out her diary, and opened it. Grabbing a blue pen with blue fluffy feathers, she began to write.

Dear Diary,

Ever wondered what it would be like to meet the Supernatural? A long time ago, I did. I use to love watching scary movies involving Vampires, Werewolves, and other things. But tonight... tonight, my life changed.

I've met a Vampire by the name of Ashtin. I feel the pain he's going through. I feel bad. I wish there was some way I could show him that not all Humans are bad. I also feel... drawn to him. Why? I mean, it's not a bad thing, but... why?

There's also something familiar about him. As if... I met him before. How? Where? Why? Fate, maybe? So many questions that wants to be answered.

Good-bye for now,

Moxie

After she closed her diary, Moxie placed it on her desk near her bed, and laid down. She closed her eyes, trying to get as much sleep as needed.

Archived