Home

New Developer Dispatch - The Making of Coruscant

News

Looks Great, I like how they recognize that they are in fact borrowing from the Movies... Now I can get on with it hehe, but yea, I think it looks awesome and if what they say is True we'll have lots to explore. I just want it to come out already lol.

Well of course it'll have to be small-ish. You can't do the entire planet, that would just be too much work even for BioWare. Even if Coruscant were 16*16km like in SWG, you'd have to do it in many vertical layers too, which adds even more work than the typical planet. So of course Coruscant will be smaller in TOR to account for it having 4 or 5 levels on a vertical axis or whatever. Let's just hope you don't have to take long elevators to get between levels(Hello Mass Effect). :p

I hope they don't make it too small and limited. They named a few zones already Senate District, Spaceport area, lower, Black Sun, and sewers...so 5ish. That's fewer zones than in an expansion for WoW. I'm hoping they have much more than that. I realize they can't encapsulate the entire planet, but the more room the better because Coruscant is going to be a crazy hub for the republic...

(WOW they have 40ish zones for Azeroth, 6 for the Outlands, 9 for Northrend)

On zone count, wouldn't it be better to have quality over quantity? WoW may have 50+ zones, but each zone is relatively small(and tiny compared to SWG planets) and compact. I'd rather have fewer zones with more space. Remember how unpopular Kashyyyk was at first in SWG for being small and compact for quest focus? It wasn't as fun, so ended up getting the open Mustafar in the next expansion. Big planets will allow for more fun all around. Coruscant surely won't be that small, especially with 5 levels. It won't be huge like a real planet, but I figure we'll at least get WoW-sized levels.

Archived