Home

PC and Unique NPC animations

Ghost

I have a question, and this is not a stupid one. Is it possible to replace animations with default animations which the PC has? Say Darth Nihilus cause everybody knows he has a lot of missing animations, so could it be possible to replace those missing animations by adding the ones the pc had?

Actually j7' date=' one modder has done something similar. I won't [s']say[/s] type his name, but he did a wonderful job allowing our favorite assassin droid to use melee animations. I'll send him a PM, and see what he's up to...

As far as I'm aware, the HK being the same size means his body mesh and skeleton are similar making such an adjustment easy, but Malak and Nihilus have a much taller body model, so AFAIK it wouldn't be possible on them. Feel free to prove me wrong :xp:

Here you go! :D

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor22009-11-1018-44-18-04.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor22009-11-1018-44-54-77.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor22009-11-1018-44-34-45.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor22009-11-1018-44-51-71.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor22009-11-1018-45-16-61.jpg

Show spoiler
swkotor22009-11-1018-45-36-69.jpg

I know I'll need to fix some bugs; I see the face distortion, the stiff cape, and the weapon placement.

wait, have you uploaded it yet? when or if you do, can you pm me the link? cause that kind of model is what i was looking for. nice skills at the animating by the way

No, I haven't uploaded it, I'm still working out the bugs, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do :)

And actually I didn't animate it, per say, just applied another model's animations.

No, it actually is in the model itself. Most models have a 'super' model it's linked to, and this super provides the animations. Nihilus, however, has no super, and his animations are stored separately in his model. I start with an already animated model, like one of the PCs or a party member, and re-weight Nihilus' skin to their bones, which use their super. I delete all the leftover stuff, and I'm left with a Nihilus skin responding to a PC's animations. :D

Oh, also, a small update: I fixed the weapon placement and head warping so far . . .

Alright, if you put it that way, yes, you're right, it's not possible as of now . . . :)

but the PC does everything Nihilus does anyway, as well as everything that's missing, so it's basically the same thing :p

I thought Nihilus had the same unique flourish and saber use animations that Malak had in K1?

• 2 months later...

Archived