Home

Terminator Sold

HK-42

Cant decide whether this is good or bad news...

Terminator franchise, the future begins in February.

The Halcyon Holding Group, which holds the rights to Terminator Salvation and future Terminator installments, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy last summer and later announced that it would have to auction off the rights to the Terminator film franchise in order to satisfy its creditors.

The company released the following statement yesterday that says the entire matter should conclude by February 1st:

"When Halcyon announced the bidding process for the Terminator franchise last month, we indicated that in addition to an outright sale of the property, we would also consider other strategic options, including a recapitalization of the company. Over the past few weeks Halcyon and its professionals have engaged in in-depth discussions and negotiations with numerous serious potential buyers, including several major movie studios. In addition, a number of attractive refinancing alternatives have also been presented.

"In order to maximize the value of a transaction for all of the company's creditors and stakeholders, we are fully analyzing all these options. As a result, we will not be committing to a 'stalking horse' bid at this time. Nonetheless, given the significant positive interest in the Terminator franchise, we expect to be in a position to announce a successful sale or recapitalization no later than February 1, 2010."

http://movies.ign.com/articles/105/1052233p1.html

:indifferent: I'm not sure if this is good OR bad for the series... I can only hope the next installment will be a good finale.

I actually got my wish for the MegaMan X series...oh wait, then Capcom decided after MMX5, they'd milk it for a little more...thankfully Keiji Inafune made another graceful ending (MMX8)to that series that nicely and ambiguously blends it to the Zero series. So I got my wish again. I just wish the storyline were more developed and not so drawn out. Maybe a few radical departures from their usual formula even if they stuck to their 2-d platform. Diudn't mind the bridging out into 3-d or RPG either.

COMPARATIVELY:

So far as Terminator was concerned: T3 was a great action flick and I'm taking nothing away from that...but I can see the somewhat unimaginative retcon in the plot twist. I'll be lenient on it but I'm not sure it was the best thing for the series. Never got to see the TV series...I barely watch TV anyway so I'm praying I don't accidentally miss Spike TV's VGA's on Dec 12th. Terminator, for all its glory, really needs to reach closure. They more or less did with their story what MMX (what with all the repetitious redundancy) did not/could not do in so many installments. I pray Terminator don't make the same mistake, here.

Archived