Home

Heavy Midnight 2 - Shards

Conrad's armored van moved fast through the night traffic, and thanks to several illegal shortcuts {without being noticed}, he'd cut the trip in half.

He was deep into the city, and if the police reports were correct, then the Night Club wouldn't be very far off.

Suddenly, a police dispatch on the radio caught his ear.

"San Quentin Prison has been completely overrun...casualties are unknown as of now, but are estimated to be heavy with both inmates and officers...one armored van is missing....we suspect one of the prisoners took it...license plate number JU9876."

Conrad cursed under his breath, they'd caught on. He immediatley parked the van on the side of the street, getting out in a correctional officer's uniform and walking through the busy streets. He was close enough to the night club anyways...he'd just have to come at them from a different, more strategic angle.

Surprisingly, the Club was much closer then he originally thought, and he could see the entrance, and the definite signs of a raid. Conrad moved inconcspiciously to a nearby bench, and sat down, observing the scene.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashtin slowly lowered his gun and placed it back in to the back of his pants pulling his shirt over it as Baldur talked to the Mercenary. This whole situation was growing slightly annoying to him, but it wasn't his place to argue. As Baldur and the Mercenary interrogated the bearded man Ashtin allowed his eyes to wander around the now empty night club. As he looked around he couldn't see any sign of Moxie, this made him clench his teeth slight and let out a small sigh of disappointment. She should have already come into the room to see what all the commotion was about.

Taking a few steps away from the group trying to pump information out of the bearded man. Not wanting this to be made into official business Ashtin took out his ear piece from his ear and removed his cell phone from his pocket. Using his thumb Ashtin flipped open his Cell phone and dialed Moxie's number. Part of him was worried about her, there was something else that was different in the air. And he needed to know if she was alright.

In all her life... Moxie always wanted to face the Supernatural. Even when she was little. But now... things were different. She wasn't the ordinary teen on the block anymore. She was a SS agent-in-training. The young girl sighed, and gently placed the back of her head on the building's wall.

As Moxie continued to look up at the night skies, her cell phone vibrated from her pants pocket. She took it out and looked at her front screen. It read:

ASHTIN.

The young girl bit her lower lip sadly, and closed her eyes. Then, she flipped her cell phone open, and answered. "Hey, Ash. What's up?"

Deep inside, Moxie knew that Ashtin was wondering why she didn't join in with Baldur and he.

((Just so you all know, I grabbed the balding guy, not the bearded vamp, but its all good. I'll just go with the flow. I've just been kinda stumped as to what to do now. lol))

Mara crossed her arms and let the men speak. It was apparent that she would not be getting what she needed unless she went through the mercanry and the two vampires. She felt the need to clear her throat.

"Ahem, excuse me... but I too need something from this man, so if I might suggest that we leave to finish this interrogation, because if they're not already here, then I'm sure the authorities will shortly make an appearance."

Conrad leaned forward casually on the bench, seeing if he could get a clear look at anyone inside the empty night club.

Suddenly, someone walked outside, a male, of moderate height and build. The face he recognized...he was a friend of the girl, Moxie. Conrad had this man's face as well as Moxie's burned into his memory. They would receive the brunt of his vengeance.

The man, a Vampire if Conrad's memory served him right, took out an earbead and cell phone, dialing an unknown number.

Right now would've been a good time to use his old cell phone, which he had personally engineered to access Satellite networks and monitor conversations. Too bad he had to destroy it right before his arrest.

Conrad would have to do things the old fashioned way: wait, observe, and track.

He shifted his body so he faced away from the night club, and turned his eyes to a different location, using his periphereal vision to keep an eye on Moxie's friend.

((Yeah, I noticed that too... But everybody was soo insistant, so I decided to go along with the flow lol ))

"I ain't in this for the money, I just want to take down as many as I can."

"So what does that make us then? We are what you hunt!" Baldur smirked. "But what you hunt does not concern me - this particular breed of vampire holds no class or shame."

"Ahem, excuse me... but I too need something from this man, so if I might suggest that we leave to finish this interrogation, because if they're not already here, then I'm sure the authorities will shortly make an appearance."

Baldur's chuckle turned into a sinister laughter. "The Authorities are the least of our problems. You think mere toy pistols will be enough to stop us?" he placed a finger on his ear piece. "Alright boys, calling for Van 2. Extraction is about to commence."

A disguised van came from the shadows and parked outside of the night club, ontop of a sewer lid to be specific. "We have no time to waste. Mr. Black is coming with us - accompany us or not; we dont have the proper time with negotiating who goes with whom."

Baldur grabbed an injection gun from within his coat, and pressed it against Black's neck. The bearded vampire fell unconcious.

"A very small dose of Garlic - enough to temporarily knock him out. Mr. Dezreil, if you'll grab the door for me." Baldur grabbed onto Black, and dragged him towards the front door.

(( its quite possible that I misread it. Thats been happening a lot lately. Not really sure if thats a sign of a problem or not, lol))

Ashtin waited several moments for Moxie to answer her phone. This night was particularly stressful, with stupid Mercenaries who don't understand the concept of subtleties, and magical humans appearing out of no where. Last thing he needed was Moxie to be in some sort of danger. He just wanted this day to be done and over with so that when the sun finally did rise he could sleep with out worrying.

"Hey, Ash. What's up?"

Letting out a slight sigh of relief at hearing her voice he responded to her "Hey, Is everything alright?"

As he spoke to Moxie he slid his left hand into his pocket and bent backwards a little, slightly rocking back on his heels. Ashtin kept his eyes closed trying to not let her tell out annoyed and stressed out he was.

"...Mr. Dezreil, if you'll grab the door for me." he heard in the background of everything.

"I'll talk to you once we are back at base Moxie" And with that Ashtin hung up the phone and stuck it back into his jacket pocket.

It was a relatively quick walk to the door where the van should of been waiting. As He walked towards the door he put his free hand into the other pocket and opened the door with his shoulder, not really making eye contact with anyone. It wasn't in the mood for small talk anymore. Something about this whole thing wasn't settling right with him, to many mysteries in the world since he joined the Supernatural Society. He kept the door open using the back of his body standing there silently.

((M'kay. I noticed that some of you guys are getting confused at one another's posts. I suggest we all read and write carefully at every posts, so that no one gets confused. 'Kay? ^^ ))

"Hey, Is everything alright?"

Moxie bit her lower lip, looking down at the ground. She tried to find the right words to say, so that she wouldn't worry Ashtin. She cleared her throat and smiled. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. Kinda..."

Suddenly, she saw a vehicle come out from the shadows. Their van from the SS organization. The van stopped a few feet from her at the front entrance of the nightclub.

"I'll talk to you once we are back at base Moxie"

" 'Kay." Moxie hung up her cell phone as well, and placed it into her pants pocket again. Standing up from the ground, and leaning on the nightclub's wall, Moxie watched the door for Ashtin and Baldur to come out with Black.

((Sounds good to me :) ))

"We have no time to waste. Mr. Black is coming with us - accompany us or not; we dont have the proper time with negotiating who goes with whom."

Darius let out a sigh followed by a snicker.

"Well Mr. whoever you are, I guess that makes us allies. Oh does this mean I get a fun little badge for being a super scout too?" Darius said letting a laugh slide out.

He followed the vampire and looked to see a van waiting for the group. Darius stopped at the door and turned to the vampire who was holding it open.

"Aw cheer up buttercup, I'm sure you'll get a big treat for holding the door for everyone. Whose a good boy? You are, yes you are!" Darius laughed again and spoke once more once he was outside. "Oh you guys and I are going to get along just great!"

He looked at the group before looking back. He gave them a wave before jumping into the van.

"Oh boy, I just love field trips!"

Conrad watched as a van pulled up, and more people, possibly supernaturals, and one confirmed merc, bringing along with them a bearded man.

He recognized the bearded man, he was someone connected with the biker gang that Conrad was trying to access...an opportunity presented itself. If he could get the bearded man out, then he'd automatically have a ticket into the gang...

Conrad stood, but not before memorizing the license plate number on the back of the van. He then climbed up a nearby apartment's fire escape onto the roof. He stood there, still watching the van, and began walking down the street, waiting for the van to get moving.

Moxie sighed, and jumped in the van, sitting on the seat by the window. Placing her hands on her cheeks, Moxie thought about what happened this night. She knew she failed her training.

Why was she dumb enough to back down on the mission? Well, Ashtin and Baldur did a great job at getting the bearded Vampire. But she didn't do anything.

The young woman looked up, waiting for Ashtin and the others to get in as well.

Darius looked over to the girl who was sitting next to him. He recalled seeing her outside the club when he walked out. She was giving off no spiritual energy which meant she was human. Happy to have another human on board Darius shifted towards her slightly.

"You know, I'm not a teen expert but something tells me hunting down a vampire isn't what hanging out means. Now once again not an expert here but something tells me you're sad about something. Let me guess, you're a rookie and they wouldn't let you into the night club because its too dangerous...Oh! By the way I'm Darius Wilson, I guess I'm the new new guy if that makes sense."

Ashtin had to use most of his self control to not rip the mercenaries throat out from under his head. This day was just to irritating to be anything enjoyable. As the last of the SS officers exited the club he moved away from the door and let it close. The breeze of the door felt slightly relaxing upon the back of his neck. It was hard to believe that only one year ago, he was hunting humans for food. Now not only is he working with them, but he was helping create peace. Which was something he still didn't quite believe in at times. Peace only came after periods of violence. And violence was always around.

Ashtin stepped into the back of the van and saw the mercenary trying to talk to Moxie. He could tell that Moxie wasn't exactly to happy about something. And that in a little way played upon his emotions. Moving down the van he sat across from her and made some eye contact with her, giving her a slight reassuring smile. He didn't quite understand why she didn't join them in the club, but he wasn't going to press the issue with everyone around just yet.

"You know, I'm not a teen expert but something tells me hunting down a vampire isn't what hanging out means. Now once again not an expert here but something tells me you're sad about something. Let me guess, you're a rookie and they wouldn't let you into the night club because its too dangerous...Oh! By the way I'm Darius Wilson, I guess I'm the new new guy if that makes sense."

Moxie glanced at the newcomer, and quietly smiled sadly. "Yeah. You might be right. My name's Moxie Stuart. It's really nice to meet ya."

Suddenly, she saw Ashtin come in the van and sit across from her. His smile almost made her feel better. Still, she felt ashamed on not joining them in catching the Vampire. The young girl only wished that she had the courage to do things like Ashtin and Baldur. The one named Darius seemed really brave as well.

As for her, Moxie knew that this mission was a failure for her. For her training.

((After Phantom Knight and/or makes their post, we'll be at the Supernatural Society base at Utah. It'll still be night too.))

"Yeah. You might be right. My name's Moxie Stuart. It's really nice to meet ya."

Darius looked over at the girl an chuckled slightly.

Might be right? Rookie jitters I guess.

Darius looked around at the group in the van, they were either very quiet all the time or very cautious of him. He couldn't blame them though, some dude in a black and blue costume with lots of weapons doesn't exactly look like the friendly type.

"Hey did I ever tell you guys about my first mission? Okay so me and the guy I was hired by go to this guys house cause he's a werewolf. So we both got tranquilizers to knock him out as the contractor wants the werewolf alive. This werewolf his huge, and I mean huge like almost 7 feet! I flat out freak out and shoot anything that moves...unfortunately that meant the guy I was with. Not to mention I hit everything but the werewolf. So he sees me and starts running at me. I head straight for the woods because my genius logic back than was hide in the woods and you'll be safe right? This thing starts jumping from tree to tree until it drops down at me. I fire a round at its chest and this thing lands right on top of me. To make matters worse his rear end is right in my face, I had to spend the entire night like that."

Darius looked over at Moxie and laughed.

"If you thought their breath smelled bad imagine how their gas is. I took at least 20 showers to get that smell off of me. But hey, you gotta make mistakes before you learn for them and I never ever did that again."

Darius leaned back in his chair and placed his arms behind his neck.

"So where are we going anyway?"

((Hey Cyborg, please forgive me for what I'm about to do :) ))

Baldur chained the Vampire to the walling of the van, while Darius told the story of his first mission. "He talks too much..." he muttered irratably under his breath.

So far, nothing appeared out of the ordinary. Nobody at least tried to follow - even if they did, the van itself was completely bullet proof against automatic weaponry and even fire resistant. The Van was also heavily well guarded before it arived on the scene, so there was very little chance somebody had planted a bug or even an explosive. These things had to be taken into account - it comes with working as an agent.

"So where are we going anyway?"

The ignition of the van had started, and they were already moving. Baldur stepped towards Darius, who had taken a seat. Baldur exchanged a smirk.

"Far, far away..." he clenched his fist. "No hard feelings, but I'm afraid you're far from gaining our trust to allow you to know where our base is. Therefor, I apoligise for what I'm about to do to you."

Baldur landed a punch against Darius' head to knock him unconcious. "You talk too much anyway. Goodnight Merc." he sat next to Darius, and stared at Mara. He pulled out a large black sock, and tossed it to her. "Wear that over your head. We cannot afford to allow anybody to learn of our wherabouts - standard rules and regulations."

((You're forgiven sir :thmbup1:))

"Far, far away..." he clenched his fist. "No hard feelings, but I'm afraid you're far from gaining our trust to allow you to know where our base is. Therefor, I apoligise for what I'm about to do to you."

"Oh well if that's the case...wait what?"

Darius felt a powerful blow to the back of his head. As he began to fade in and out of consciousness he heard more words.

"You talk too much anyway. Goodnight Merc."

"Yup...now I really hate vampires." He said before completely passing out.

Moxie giggled at Darius' story. It was pretty funny. But then she found Baldur punching him to make him unconscious. After Darius fell to "sleep", Moxie rolled her eyes and sighed. Then she looked over at Baldur.

"Why'd ya have to do that? He seemed trustworthy to me. How come you always gotta act like the bigger boss than everyone?"

She glared at him, crossing her arms. Sometimes, she and Baldur had a love-hate relationship. But, she was use to it.

((Sorry. I'll post when we're at the SS Base. :sweat: ))

Conrad watched the van as it began to move. He sprinted forward along the rooftop, hopping down to a lower level. He then jumped onto a shop awning, and he was now just a few feet above the van.

Conrad took a breath and leaped, landing lightly on top of the van, hopefully quietly enough that no one had noticed.

He crouched and grasped the edges of the van, moving into a prone position, just to make sure that he was secure for the trip....

...hopefully it wouldn't be a long one.

((Note to everyone: Darius's dream is about to get crazy...I suggest listening to Living in the Sunlight by Tiny Tim while reading the dream...that's what I did))

Darius woke suddenly in a bright green field. He looked up to see the sun pull out a hat and cane. The smiling sun began to dance which startled Darius greatly. Darius was about to speak when the trees pulled themselves out of the roots and danced as well. Darius backed up only to be cornered by a small group of rabbits.

"Okay now I know I'm in a Disney musical number"

"Join us Darius...it'll be fun!"

Darius shrugged and started dancing with a giant candy cane person. He dove into the chocolate syrup river and ran through the gumdrop fields.

Back in the Real World

Darius rose to a sitting position and stared forward. With the mask on he looked like he was up however he was still out cold. Darius had a sleeping problem which caused him to talk in his sleep.

"Hooray...Ice cream for everybody...except you Mr. Sun you'll just melt it." he said in a drowsy voice.

"Why'd ya have to do that? He seemed trustworthy to me. How come you always gotta act like the bigger boss than everyone?"

Baldur didnt glance back at Moxie when she added that. "Because I am the "bigger boss"..." he crossed his arms. "Being your instructor is part of the job, Miss Stuart - it comes with experience."

He hung his head down and smirked. "You are too trusting, Stuart. We have only just come into contact with the merc, and we know so little about him. He could pose as a threat to us, if he learned the precise location of our headquarters. I had to knock him unconcious, because he has to earn our trust. Do you understand?"

"Because I am the "bigger boss"..." he crossed his arms. "Being your instructor is part of the job, Miss Stuart - it comes with experience."

Moxie glared at Baldur. He was right. After all, he was the one doing her training. As an instructor, he always had to stay on her case. She sighed quietly, looking down.

"You are too trusting, Stuart. We have only just come into contact with the merc, and we know so little about him. He could pose as a threat to us, if he learned the precise location of our headquarters. I had to knock him unconcious, because he has to earn our trust. Do you understand?"

Biting her lower lip, upset, Moxie knew he was right. She sometimes didn't like it when he was right about things. But hey, that's what instructors do. They teach you. "Yes. Sir. I understand..."

"Hooray...Ice cream for everybody...except you Mr. Sun you'll just melt it." he said in a drowsy voice.

Moxie glanced over at Darius and giggled quietly. "Poor guy. He must be unconscious still," she thought to herself.

Later...

The SS agents finally arrived at the Supernatural Society base at Utah. It was a long hour drive, but it didn't bother anyone.

Once the van pulled in front of the base, William Manson, along with two officers at his side, stood at the entrance. After the van door opened, revealing the agents, the leader and his men saluted the team.

"Welcome back, agents. I assume that the mission went well?" Manson asked.

Ashtin listed as the hum of the engine silenced and the back door opened. A slight sigh of relief escaped from his nostrils as he stood up and exited the van. He could tell by the smell in the air that Mr. Manson and two others where near the van. Ashtin however didn't pay them much attention. In fact the question Mr. Manson posed towards the group he ignored completely leaving any answer to come form Baldur. This night was growing tiring to Ashtin, so much so that he just wanted to head towards the gym and blow off some steam.

Entering the SS headquarters was a particularly painful experience, considering they had to have lights on particularly bright for his liking. But he just kept his eyes closed and listen to his shoes click against the metal floor. Thee doors down to his left was the elevator he pressed the button to go down and waited patiently for it to arrive. As he waited a couple more frustrated sighs had escaped from his mouth as his mind was replaying the events of the night.

"Stupid merc could of ruined everything." Ashtin mumbled to himself in a low growl.

----------------

Alvaro Rusu, or Ruse as his friends would call him, waited patently for an old friend of his to return to his office William Manson. Rusu found it strange that he would be summoned from his village across the globe by a friend he had not seen in years. But it was no matter, William made the matter seem rather important and of a delicate nature. Sitting there Rusu picked up is right leg and placed it over his left knee as his fingers strummed over the arm of the chair. His staff was leaning against his right arm. The staff of his was never far from his side, a very sturdy and strong staff. Most mistake it for a regular plain wooden staff. But are surprised when it doesn't break by a sword or gun fire.

Rusu lifted the fingers of his left hand to rub the markings on his forehead. Thee line that came to a point in between his eyebrows. The tattoo's were red, and signified that he was a shaman of his tribe, an elder of wisdom. Nothing else on Rusu was showing except for his eyes and his forehead. His eyes were a cool blue color, which made him seem older then he actually was. his words sometime had the ability to do that as well.

Rusu could feel a lot of spiritual activity coming closer to the building.

"Interesting place you have created here my old friend." Rusu whisper to himself as he rested his left cheek on his bent fingers.

When the van had stopped, Darius's body shot hit the side of the van. His eyes shot open as he began looking around the van. He eyed the woman from earlier with a black sock over her head.

Oh sure...give the one with super powers the sock that's real fair. he thought as he attempted to get up.

He was able to get to a sitting position in the van before he heard a voice.

"Welcome back, agents. I assume that the mission went well?"

Okay Darius, this guy sounds real important and these guys don't trust you...well except for Moxie...that's it!

"Well as someone who wasn't part of the mission I would say so. Darius Wilson, Merc for Hire. See your group and I were after the same man which you got. Your two vampires verbally confronted me while the girl remained outside. She must have seen me as I heard a voice come in from one of the vampire's radio things. He then said we would share the target and all I had to do was get in the van. Well than the girl pistol whipped me from behind and knocked me out. So here I am now good sir, a lonely merc with a itchy trigger finger wanting to shoot a gang of vampire bikers. So whatya say, need an extra hand?"

Oh I am so in...wait does that mean I have to get hit again? Or what if he say's no...they'll probably hit me and leave me on the street. Either way I guess I'm getting hit...I really hate getting hit.

Conrad smiled and let out a breath of relief as the van pulled into what looked like their final destination. He remained absolutely still as the agents in the van below him got out.

"Welcome back, agents. I assume that the mission went well?"

He tried to keep from chuckling as he slid silently down the side of the van and lay prone on the concrete. He then rolled underneath the van watching the feet of the agents.

"Well as someone who wasn't part of the mission I would say so. Darius Wilson, Merc for Hire. See your group and I were after the same man which you got. Your two vampires verbally confronted me while the girl remained outside. She must have seen me as I heard a voice come in from one of the vampire's radio things. He then said we would share the target and all I had to do was get in the van. Well than the girl pistol whipped me from behind and knocked me out. So here I am now good sir, a lonely merc with a itchy trigger finger wanting to shoot a gang of vampire bikers. So whatya say, need an extra hand?"

Conrad took note of this man's statement.

He has the atitude of a merc...and I know mercs...money can change their minds quite easily...a possible ally if I play my cards right. Thought Conrad.

He looked around at the complex from underneath the van, scouting it out. He'd need to find a way to infiltrate...but that would happen in due time.

Conrad rested and resorted back to listening to the Agents' conversation and watching their feet.

Archived