Home

Continue after main game?

omalltaken

Sure it's possible, it's just a matter of removing the script that ends the game. Though traveling to other planets after you visit the Star Forge or Malachor V might take two more scripts to activate the planets; I'm not sure, I never tried.

I remember there was a mod ages ago that was meant to let you travel around again, eliminate the fighter minigame after the ending (since the Sith are defeated), and do a bunch of other stuff (some people have new reactions to you, etc.). However, if I remember correctly, there were a bunch of problems with the mod, that stemmed from the very nature of KOTOR, the author of the mod has been inactive for years now, and the mod itself is probably lost. In other words, it may be impossible to do this in a satisfying way (that doesn't just cut out the ending, and use warp).

Mister Holty, did you mean that with the right knowledge it would be easy? Not taking the mickey just wondering if we're on the same page yea. How fantastic it'd be if you could import saves ala mass effect eh, nevermind that it doesn't make sense.

The necessary know-how to do this:

Remove the endgame script from Kreia's dialog, or wherever it would be placed, and instead replace it with some module warp script, playing whatever necessary .bik videos like the credits or whatever. After that warp to the EbonHawk or something and continue playing on I guess

Who is this Kreia character? I am talking KOTOR here not TSL jsyk. All the same I assume a similar process would apply. Time to learn KOTOR language then I guess!

Holty: I meant importing your save into TSL so you continue your character, a well-publicised feature of Mass Effect 2.

Who is this Kreia character? I am talking KOTOR here not TSL jsyk. All the same I assume a similar process would apply. Time to learn KOTOR language then I guess!

Holty: I meant importing your save into TSL so you continue your character, a well-publicised feature of Mass Effect 2.

It probably would be a similar process, but unlike a game such as Fable, once you go through the main storyline quests, the game doesn't have much else for you to do. Sure, you might have some unfinished quests, but those are likely not what you would want to do. Basically, I'm saying that no-one is going to fight you, as at that point, no one is supposed to.

As to the "Import Save" feature, or whatever its called, likely isn't exactly a "new" feature, though I can't say I myself can name any games that use it. But as to impementing it into KOTOR, it does into the terrority of messing with the game engine, and not only is that frowned upon, it is unlikely that any one who mods games for fun would want to learn how to do it.

It probably would be a similar process, but unlike a game such as Fable, once you go through the main storyline quests, the game doesn't have much else for you to do. Sure, you might have some unfinished quests, but those are likely not what you would want to do. Basically, I'm saying that no-one is going to fight you, as at that point, no one is supposed to.

As to the "Import Save" feature, or whatever its called, likely isn't exactly a "new" feature, though I can't say I myself can name any games that use it. But as to impementing it into KOTOR, it does into the terrority of messing with the game engine, and not only is that frowned upon, it is unlikely that any one who mods games for fun would want to learn how to do it.

Oh for sure, I'm just saying it's a cool feature that would HAVE BEEN lovely in a sequel, but yea you're playing a different character in TSL anyway. And yea technically it doesn't seem like a difficult task to check a couple o' globals from a save file but I think bioware might be the first to be daring/ambitious enough to make use of it in the scope seen in ME2.

With these games that build urgency into the main task at hand I dislike playing Pazaak or mucking about as a delivery boy while Malak is supposed to be conquering the world. Of course he'll patiently wait for me, but I disregard that for roleplay's sake so everytime someone asks me to look for her chihuahua or some such they're told to just piss off(still haven't played Pazaak once in fact). I'd like to see a game where time matters somewhat. Then there are the community made quests, maybe we'll see one which makes sense in the context or even continues the story. Here's hoping eh?

Oh for sure, I'm just saying it's a cool feature that would HAVE BEEN lovely in a sequel, but yea you're playing a different character in TSL anyway. And yea technically it doesn't seem like a difficult task to check a couple o' globals from a save file but I think bioware might be the first to be daring/ambitious enough to make use of it in the scope seen in ME2.

With these games that build urgency into the main task at hand I dislike playing Pazaak or mucking about as a delivery boy while Malak is supposed to be conquering the world. Of course he'll patiently wait for me, but I disregard that for roleplay's sake so everytime someone asks me to look for her chihuahua or some such they're told to just piss off(still haven't played Pazaak once in fact). I'd like to see a game where time matters somewhat. Then there are the community made quests, maybe we'll see one which makes sense in the context or even continues the story. Here's hoping eh?

True, it would've been a nice feature for TSL, though having it would mean most of the conversation you have with Atton would be unneeded. And if they did think of that feature, it would be something the might or might not've drew up plans for it, but shelved it due to the time constraints.

And RPGs suffer from that very thing, as there really is only two ways to create a game's quest - you either make it direct, in that a player can do nothing otherwise, or make multiple ways for the player to complete a quest. Even as enticing as it seems, you really don't want the player to "decide" to just shoot every guy in the head, that goes, "Hey, can you do...for me?". And having a time limit in games might be fine for small sections, say when your given five minutes to get to a certain area, or to a boat. But trying to limit the game time in any other way, would just not work.

Just finished the game, I have no idea what Elite Duck is on about, you can't warp from the starforge, I don't think you could enter the ebon hawk anyway. On top of that, from the unknown planet the only place you can travel to is the starforge, but who knows if that's the case after you leave. Great game tho, considering its age.

The whole import savegame feature would be pointless for tsl, seeing as you are a completely different character with a completely different story. The only reason it worked for Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 was because ME2 is a continuation of the first mass effect, and you are using the same character.

Archived