Home

some head models won't load into NWmax

redrob41

there are a few TSL male head mdls that won't load into NWmax, even though I've run them through MDLOps just like any of the other, working, ones. When I try to import them, I get a MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception error, specifically --Unknown system exception. Once this happens, I have to completely shut down gmax, and re-start it (and I still can't load these mdls).

The head models that I'm having problems with are:

pmha06.mdl

pmha08.mdl

pmhb06.mdl

pmhc06.mdl

Is there any way to fix the ascii.mdl so that I can import it? I'd like to at least get some screenshots of them (front, back, left and perspective) from gmax. I'm trying to put together a visual list of the heads in the game. I tried searching, but did't find a suitable answer.

I have this same problem, but I don't know how I figured it out. Once you have imported the head and get the error, click "ok".

Now, the 4 boxes should just be solid grey, right? Go to the "Customize" tab > Viewport configuration.

Then, hit the tab that says "Layout". Click ok.

Now, you should be able to see some of the head. Just click each of the windows and they will open up like they normally should.

I know this probably isn't the root of the problem, but it's a workaround that I stumbled upon :D

Hope this solves your problem, RedRob.

IIRC, the NWmax script just crashes on certain models. What sometimes helps is just to go to Script-> Run -> pick the NWmax script ( mostly in a subfolder scripts) in Gmax/3Ds Max folder. Basicly you restart the NWmax plugin. Sort of a reset...

Often that made a model appear! :lol:

Though happy to see Dak has found another trick: to get it to work.

Archived