Home

Krome Studios loses TFU2 contract?

DelBosska

...anyone have any more details about it?

Seen this mentioned on a post on a gamer site...

"Apparently they lost the contract to Force Unleashed 2 because of crap review scores on other titles (among other things), but instead of holding an inquest into the leadership teams behind these titles, they released guys who were only following what their team leaders wanted anyway. So upper management and team leaders made scapegoats out of these guys to cover their own asses and will never be held accountable. Its much easier to do this than change your own attitude."

link: http://www.tsumea.com/australasia/australia/news/180210/blade-kitten-is-coming-to-the-playstation-network-very-soon-now?page=3#comment-44079

If this is the case, then I would not expect to see TFU2 anytime this year.
"Much to learn you still have."

Krome, studios was responsible for TFU to be released on the Wii, PS2, and PSP consoles. It had nothing to do with the releases on the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.

Good; maybe LucasArts can finally hire a competent studio to handle the port to lower-tier platforms. I think I don't have to mention Krome's impersonal and sloppy job that was the Wii port, or the inflexible monolith that was Aspyr's PC port (Though, due to past experiences, I wouldn't be surprised of LA's lack of patience when it comes to third-party developers).

Good; maybe LucasArts can finally hire a competent studio to handle the port to lower-tier platforms. I think I don't have to mention Krome's impersonal and sloppy job that was the Wii port, or the inflexible monolith that was Aspyr's PC port (Though, due to past experiences, I wouldn't be surprised of LA's lack of patience when it comes to third-party developers).
Let's hope so. Anyone find any confirmation of this? The Clone Wars games Krome made were pretty awful too so I would not be surprised at all if LA goes after a different studio to do their outsourced work.

Archived