Home

Cameo - Republic Commandos to appear in Clone Wars Season 3

Alexrd

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Star Wars I like to look at things from the point of view of both sides instead of just one.

How is that the point of view of more than one side?

Quinlan Vos, now he's a Jedi worthy of my respect. He is completely different than other Jedi and is above their arrogance.

Oh, that Quinlan Vos, the one who kept jumping back and forth between being a Jedi and working for Dooku, and repeatedly murdered random people because he thought they might be Darth Sidious. Totally. He lived on the edge and "did what had to be done", and as with all fiction, because he was the guy who went against the established authority figures, he's automatically in the right.

Was he in the trailer or did you see him somewhere else?

Saw it here.

And I agree with TKA-001 regarding Vos, I could care less what the show does with his continuity. It would be one less "badass Mary Sue" character in the Star Wars universe.

How is that the point of view of more than one side?

Oh, that Quinlan Vos, the one who kept jumping back and forth between being a Jedi and working for Dooku, and repeatedly murdered random people because he thought they might be Darth Sidious. Totally. He lived on the edge and "did what had to be done", and as with all fiction, because he was the guy who went against the established authority figures, he's automatically in the right.

It's not because of what he did when he was evil, but what he did to redeem himself, proving that anyone could receive redemption.

Quinlan Vos, the Clone Commandos, ARC Troopers, Darth Maul pt. II, yada-yada...

I've stopped caring. I'll check out the episodes for the halibut (what can I say, the fish is persuasive), but, meh.

I hereby declare this thread to be the sovereign property of Beskar Enterprises™ and The Collective™.

All your posts are belong to us.©

[/@thread]

TCW isn't THAT BAD. They've improved it a lot since Season I. The only reason you guys hate it so much is because you THINK they ruined Mandalorains. All they did was create a new faction. Though the episode Landing at Point Rain would have been cooler if they had added clone commandos. It annoys me how on missions perfect for clone commandos, they just go ahead and use regular clone troopers. Dave Filoni actually went through a lot of trouble to give Delta Squad an appearance. Read this http://tv.ign.com/articles/111/1112278p1.html

were can I see the full episode?? i have to make a opinion of the episode before i can join this tread xD

You can't. Season 3 hasn't started yet. Only in September.

TCW isn't THAT BAD.

Haters are going to hate.

Though the episode Landing at Point Rain would have been cooler if they had added clone commandos. It annoys me how on missions perfect for clone commandos, they just go ahead and use regular clone troopers.

Clone Commandos are not meant to fight in big campaigns. I'm glad they didn't use them on LaPR.

Also, here's a video with much better quality:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I have a feeling that the animal they're talking about is none other than, Durge.

It may very well be Maul's brother. It can't be Durge because Bane is "replacing" it on this series. (like, everything they were going to do with Durge, they're now going to do with Cad Bane.)

It may very well be Maul's brother. It can't be Durge because Bane is "replacing" it on this series. (like, everything they were going to do with Durge, they're now going to do with Cad Bane.)

My second guess was that it was Savage Opress. Is LA just going to throw away a good character and just replace him with some mediocre one they thought of in probably just 5 minutes? People like Durge because his backstory has been elaborated on and people know what kind of stuff he's been through. If you notice you'd see that Cad Bane's backstory hasn't been shown in much detail, which is what makes a bland character. Durge is also more bad ass than Cad Bane and seeing what he did in the comics, that proves my point. Durge would probably be a better character to use because he's more well known. BTW I did know that they replaced Durge with Cad Bane, I was just hoping they'd give him an appearance too.

Also Durge's backstory was explained in a comic called Prototypes, in case you guys didn't know where I got that information from.

My second guess was that it was Savage Opress. Is LA just going to throw away a good character and just replace him with some mediocre one they thought of in probably just 5 minutes?

What do you mean? They thought of creating a new villain, instead of bringing Durge. Is that so bad? I see many people complaining about their lack of creativity, and now that they've created Cad Bane, people still complain?

People like Durge because his backstory has been elaborated on and people know what kind of stuff he's been through. If you notice you'd see that Cad Bane's backstory hasn't been shown in much detail, which is what makes a bland character.

Like Boba Fett in the OT. Your point?

Durge is also more bad ass than Cad Bane and seeing what he did in the comics, that proves my point.

What? This is not about being more badass or not, and even so, that point is discussable. Also, that doesn't prove nothing about your point above.

Durge would probably be a better character to use because he's more well known.

I don't think so. Using a not well known and new character takes away any predictability that everyone might have while watching him, and gives a feeling of wonderness to the character and episode.

BTW I did know that they replaced Durge with Cad Bane, I was just hoping they'd give him an appearance too.

They were going to give him an appearance. But since Cad Bane became a fan favourite, they decided to stick with him. Also, Durge's story has already been told and people would know that he would die sooner or later, so I don't see the point of bringing him back.

Why do all the cool characters in Star Wars always have to die? Just because they're bad guys? The good guys always win in TCW. The Savage Opress character looks pretty cool, but I can bet that in Season III they will make it so he dies or fails his mission in some way, just like Boba Fett and how Grevious is failing repeatedly and probably Cad Bane is next. They create a good character and then disgrace them by making them fail their mission. Seriously, give me one example of when the bad guys have ACTUALLY won in TCW, not counting Hostage Crisis, they purposely made it so they won that time. I hate shows like TCW that are repetitive. Every episode it's the same thing: there's a problem, good guys fight the bad guys, problem solved, they same the day, repeat. They can't just depict the Republic as winning all the time, they were actually losing to the Separatists for most of the war. BTW what's the point of another Clone Wars show? Everyone already knows what happens in Episode III so there's no point in showing what happened up to then.

Why do all the cool characters in Star Wars always have to die? Just because they're bad guys?

Nahdar Vebb, Ponds and another Jedi and his Admiral (which will die in Season 3) are looking at you.

The good guys always win in TCW. The Savage Opress character looks pretty cool, but I can bet that in Season III they will make it so he dies or fails his mission in some way, just like Boba Fett and how Grevious is failing repeatedly and probably Cad Bane is next. They create a good character and then disgrace them by making them fail their mission. Seriously, give me one example of when the bad guys have ACTUALLY won in TCW, not counting Hostage Crisis, they purposely made it so they won that time.

Shadow of the Malevolence, Cloak of Darkness, Lair of Grievous, Holocron Heist, etc...

I hate shows like TCW that are repetitive. Every episode it's the same thing: there's a problem, good guys fight the bad guys, problem solved, they same the day, repeat.

You hate shows like TCW that are "repetitive", however, by your posts I can tell that you have watched every episode until now.

They can't just depict the Republic as winning all the time, they were actually losing to the Separatists for most of the war. BTW what's the point of another Clone Wars show? Everyone already knows what happens in Episode III so there's no point in showing what happened up to then.

What's the point of the prequels? What's the point of every EU material until ROTJ? This is not about knowing the end, it's about how it ends, why it ends, and what happened until the end. Because I bet despite all we have about the Clone Wars, nobody knew about Yoda in Rugosa, Plo Koon and the Malevolence, Y-wings during the Clone Wars, Kit Fisto dueling Grievous, a Ryloth campaign, Luminara dueling Ventress, Anakin having a padawan, a second Geonosis capaign, Eeth Koth dueling Grievous, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing helping Boba agaisnt Mace, etc, and that it all happened during the Clone Wars.

The good guys actually won in those episodes. What I meant was, do the bad guys actually win in the end, because in those episodes the good guys win at the last minute. Think hard, at the end of the episode did the bad guys really get anywhere with their plan or gain something? It would always seem like the bad guy has a chance at winning and then out of nowhere, at the last minute, something stupid happens that screws up their plan and allows the good guys to win. BTW do you always have to have a negative response to all my comments?

The good guys actually won in those episodes. What I meant was, do the bad guys actually win in the end, because in those episodes the good guys win at the last minute.

No they didn't.

BTW do you always have to have a negative response to all my comments?

Sorry if I sound negative or agressive. It's just a normal discussion. ;)

Watching TCW is like reading the end of the book then reading the rest, you know whats going to happen, you are expecting it (anikin and Obi-wan do not die, something happens to ashoka which makes Anikin never speak of her again and the republic win the war). Hang on that's exactly like the original trilogy.

Watching TCW is like reading the end of the book then reading the rest, you know whats going to happen, you are expecting it (anikin and Obi-wan do not die, something happens to ashoka which makes Anikin never speak of her again and the republic win the war).

Well considering this is a reboot directed at a new generation of star wars fans (IMO there are three generations OT, PT, TCW) the creators assume that they don't know that Anakin & Kenobi live and that Ahsoka is not a main character at the end of the CW. We don't know if she dies...she might become a Jedi at the end of the series and leave to go fight on another planet idk. Additionally they could have a main character die and then in a next reveal that someone has the same force resurrecting power that Cade Skywalker has, but that IMO would not be a good idea because I have never heard of anyone else being able to do that.

Hang on that's exactly like the original trilogy.

Why the hate towards the OT? (I assume that it is what that was)...I don't know how the OT is like reading the end of a book and then reading the rest...The situation with TCW is more like the PT because it happens before the OT and was released after.

I dont hate the original trilogy, just saying that lucas arts were flogging a dying horse both times(in terms of the public, not hardcore fans). It resurrected it with the OT and its trying to keep it going with TCW, but animation isnt as good in real life, and theyre stretching TCW out over a short time period when lots of EU books were written, and weve already seen they messed up mandolore, what will they bump into and override the EU on next? I never said ashoka would die, just leave the picture and not be mentioned.

Archived