Home

[TSL] Quarren Skin Change?

Sith Holocron

Over at another forum, someone brought up an interesting suggestion which I thought deserved to be shared over here. I quote . . .

Well, I have a suggestion on one aspect of the game that I feel should be changed. The three Quarren that appear, all of whom work for the Exchange, have the exact same skin. It's really annoying having to talk to the exact same crime boss who you already killed over and over again. Maybe a small change, the colour of their outfit or something else, if possible?

Might anyone be willing to tackle this?

I have a couple of reskins of the K1 Quarren, but I believe the TSL Quarrens are different. It seems to me they use a better model, but it's been a long time since I played TSL. Will take a look at them.

I checked on the TSL Quarrens and they are definitely different, so will require their own special cosmetic jobs. I'll give it a go. Should have something within the next week.

I may look in to giving this a go, though I have little time for modding at the moment, and what time I do have is centred on FFK1 and helping with RoR.

You may find this helpful as a starting point Laar_Dha...

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Tundra_Dowmeia.jpg

Thanks, jonathan7. That's a great pic. I wonder why they decided to give Quarrens that lovely skin fungus look.:confused:

I may pull some ideas from some of the comics as well. The orangish skin tone that some of those quarrens have comes out pretty nice - less dead squid.

just remember, that the Quarren model for TSL uses two texture files. The appearance.2da doesn't handle that very well, so the textures get referenced in the mdl file instead. You'll have to copy the mdl & mdx, rename them (something unique, but the same name length), and hex edit the mdl with the new name of the mdl, as well as the new texture names. Then you'll have to add new lines to the appearance.2da (TSLPatcher is great for this).

I've made 3 new Quarrens for Revenge of Revan, so I know it'll work. I also modified Quanon's awesome Jedi and Sith Quarrens (with permission of course), so RoR will have plenty of Quarren diversity :D.

Thanks for the info, redrob. TSLPatcher is no problem, but hex editing is a little intimidating.

Wow, makes the K1 quarren look easy - except having to make a higher res texture and the fact that the skin deforms so badly over the head area. Oh well, it's good to learn something new.

Archived