Home

New Dopak Head Mod v6.0

Once again I am back with another update to my dopak mod. Hopefully this is the last time.

Readme

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

» Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

AUTHOR: ZimmMaster

NAME: New Dopak Head Mod

TYPE: Update

VERSION: 6.0

SIZE: 1.66 mb (ZIPPED) 5.30 mb (UNZIPPED)

DATE RELEASED: dd/mm/yy

WEBSITE: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/developer/ZimmMaster;29005

» DESCRIPTION

I am back with yet another update to my New Dopak Head Mod. I also want to clarify, yes, this is version six, I have three other versions that have been for my exclusive use and not publically released.The main reason for this update is the staff review I got on a previous version talking about how this mod was based highly off of Shem's Playable Dopak. In truth, it was, and I am disappointed that I did not realize this. So I've started from scratch and completely re-created the mod (...again). Which I think is for the better.

The most noticeable change is going to be the default clothing. It is no longer the Sith Assassin tunic. The new model is the scout clothing model from KOTOR 1 with a whole new texture. The cream colored shirt is now white, the pants have been changed from pale green to blue, the boots have been changed from black with a bit of green to a nice polished black color. The vest has been changed from green to brown with bits of gold added in.

This version only has realistic ds transitions because frankly, I've done all I can do with them. So I decided to leave them out of this version. The ds transitions are not just sith eyes slapped on the normal head texture like I did in the previous versions. There are three total ds transitions; The first transition is pretty much like the base face texture except that the skin is slightly paler and the area around the eyes start to darken. The second transition, the signs start to show. Noticeably pale skin, dark circles around the eyes, eye shadow applied around the sith eyes. The hair and beard are darkened as well. The third transition, skin is paled, hair and beard turn black, very noticeable dark circles around the eyes, brand new glowing sith eyes, with eye shadow applied around the eyes.

Some of the smaller changes are; brand new eyes that were completely made by me for all textures, skin appearance redone by me to make it look like skin and not something with an orange sunburn, the hair and beard are more defined, with a rich, dark brown color to it, teeth are whitened, and the tongue now looks like a tongue.

» INSTALLATION

1) Double click NDHM_v6.0.exe.

2) Hit "Install Mod" and enjoy.

» FAQ

Q - Why did you make the realistic ds transitions so different this time?

A - Atton Rand. Yes, Atton Rand. It was several of the conversations I had with him on my facial features as I fell to the dark side. "You look like you haven't slept in weeks, or a year." "Yeah? Well your starting to get lines! You could pass for the old witch's son." So I simply made the transitions look like that. Thus, the pale skin, and dark circles. The dark hair and eye shadow was simply my own idea on what I thought would look good.

Q - I have found a bug, what do I do?

A - Firstly, replay the section in question a few times using an earlier save or autosave and see if the bug persists. If it still occurs, then we have a problem, and you should first read the section entitled KNOWN BUGS. If you cannot find the bug listed there, then you should read the section entitled BUG REPORTING to learn more on how to contact me.

» BUG REPORTING

There are 2 main ways in which you should contact me to report a bug; email and through LucasForums. Regardless of which method you choose, be sure to include the information listed below:

- WHAT HAPPENS/ISN'T HAPPENING?

- WHERE IS IT HAPPENING?

- DOES IT HAPPEN EVERYTIME/SOMETIMES?

If you intend to report the bug through LucasForums (Which I would strongly recommend so others become aware of your findings), then you will need to follow the steps below:

1) Go to the Taris Upper City Emporium section of LucasForums at "http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=645" and either create an account or login to your existing one.

2) Search for the thread entitled "[TSL] New Dopak Head Mod v6.0".

3) If the bug hasn't already been posted by another member, post a description of the bug using the information listed above as a guide.

If you intend to report the bug through email, then follow the steps below:

1) Email "joshua_zimmerman@hotmail.com" with the subject "NDSM Bug Report"

2) Describe the bug using the information listed above as a guide.

» CONTRIBUTORS

-Fred Tetra, for creating his awesome KOTOR Tool that makes us modders job a lot easier.

-T7nowhere, for making the T7Head02 mod for without that mod being used for reference, I would not have been able to make this mod. Also for giving me permission to use parts of his mod in this mod. Permission obtained by author contact.

-NiuHaka, for making the Dark Harbringer mod which I used to make this mod. Permission publically given in readme.

-TriggerGod, for giving me permission to use his blue eye texture from his dopak mod. Permission obtained by author contact.

-Shem, for making the playable dopak mod for without I would not have been able to make this.

» PERMISSIONS

- Permission granted from T7Nowhere to use parts of his T7Head02 mod in this mod.

- Permission granted from TriggerGod to use his eye texture from his dopak mod. (PERMISSION FOR A PREVIOUS VERSION, NO LONGER APPLICABLE)

-Permission granted from jonathan7 to use a FF II PLC as a base in this mod as long as I give due credit to Marius Fett and Force Fashion II. (PERMISSION FOR A PREVIOUS VERSION, NO LONGER APPLICABLE)

» DISTRIBUTION AND USAGE NOTES

This mod or any of its individual components may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author unless restricted to your own personal usage.

» LEGAL

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Screenshots

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

Temporary Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K6QEGPUV

KOTOR Files Link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Dopak_Head_Mod;119512

Enjoy!

-ZM-

looks great. did you merge the Jesus looking(cant think of the name) head model with the dopak head?

regardless, it looks great. keep up the good work:)

Actually no, I can't model to save my life. The dopak model is unchanged it is only the texture that is different.

the eyes and skin look a bit cartoonish imo, otherwise cool mod!

That might be my faulty editing skills. I had to mess with the brightness and contrast of the screenshots because they came out really dark. Sorry about that.

That might be my faulty editing skills. I had to mess with the brightness and contrast of the screenshots because they came out really dark. Sorry about that.

I'd suggest lower the contrast on the eyes and add some kind of fuzz to the skin then it should look perfect... just my 2 cents

I'd suggest lower the contrast on the eyes and add some kind of fuzz to the skin then it should look perfect... just my 2 cents

That's a good idea. Unfortunately I submitted the mod for KOTOR Files about a minute before I posted this thread. Looks like I've got the makings of a new version *sigh*. I'll see what else turns up as far as issues to be corrected ...again.

• 3 weeks later...
Darn, this Dopak mod is amazing. I'm just wondering, is it just my game, or does this mod change the real Dopak's appearance as well? Nonetheless, this mod is amazing :)

If this mod is installed then when you use my Dopak head. The mercenary Dopak's head should be changed to a new head model.

• 1 month later...

Archived