Home

Mini-Quest Help (SPOILERS)

ZimmMaster

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as I'm not sure how to do this.

What I want:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
On the Leviathan immediately following the scene with Bastila and Malak I want a pouch to appear on the path of where she ran towards Malak. It can be called "dropped pouch" or something like that. I'm wanting to put a datapad in there talking about a secret compartment Bastila put on the Ebon Hawk.

A journal entry titled "Bastila's Gift" should appear then, saying "Bastila's datapad indicates there is a secret compartment in the cargo hold. You may want to check it out when you have time."

After the datapad is read, I want the compartment (in the cargo hold near the back on the wall where the nets holding the boxes are) to appear. But not until the datapad is picked up.

I know this can be done, I'm just not sure how. Can someone help? I already have the items as well as the datapad made, I just need this done.

-ZM-

FINISHING NOTE: Thank you to all who helped me. Here is the finished product: Click me

If I remember correctly this tutorial that I did should work. You'll have to download all the videos:

http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=206101

Your tutorials helped. I still did not get the scripting though. I have everything but the scripts done. I've spent all day trying to get this scripting thing, I just keep hitting a mental block.

EDIT: Could someone do the scripts for me? I just can't seem to get it. Credit will be given.

EDIT2: Just realized some of the files might be needed for the scripts. Clicky. If any more are needed, let me know.

Ok I have done a script to drop the pouch all you need to do with this file is to attach it to a dialogue.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bgcerhcdlx2a322

Thanks! I got the ebon hawk compartment script done too. Not sure what to do with the dialogue part though.

EDIT: I thought a script was supposed to trigger the quest after the datapad was picked up. I'm not trying to add any dialogue. Same thing with the hidden compartment after it was opened. A script will trigger causing the quest to be completed.

EDIT2: Quick question. Where are the hands (not the plating, the glove part) on the Darth Revan texture located? I can't find it.

EDIT3: I suppose this now qualifies as a "mod request" so I'm putting my request there.

It'd be so much easier to make the compartment need a key so the key would be the datapad. You pick the datapad, maybe not even use a journal entry, read it, got to Hawk, it opens take the loot and walaa. Journal wise, ask a pro. HEHE, but this will prob change plans. Its just an idea

That would make things much easier! I wish I had thought of that. Use the KOTOR tool and edit the compartment and check the Lock box and put the datapad in as the key. Now if I can get the PLC to show up.

Hmmm. K-gff im not sure. That should do the trick for the plc. Unless you've done it kotor tool wise. Not that ive done. Ive never tried editing a .plc only a uti. HAve you decided journal entry? It would make the mod better, little more detail, but it is very hard and i cant get my head round the tut. Tell me what you think.

Hmmm. K-gff im not sure. That should do the trick for the plc. Unless you've done it kotor tool wise. Not that ive done. Ive never tried editing a .plc only a uti. HAve you decided journal entry? It would make the mod better, little more detail, but it is very hard and i cant get my head round the tut. Tell me what you think.

I've got everything done and working. So it is not necessary for the journal entry. I would like to do it, but it's a little over my head. But I changed a few things up to make up for the lack of journal entry. But it was your suggestion that kick-started this up again. I will be crediting you in my readme for it. As well as several others.

EDIT: This mod is done and I will post a release thread soon. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Wow, thanks. My first credit. And like you, I couldnt do journal entries. But now im registered i may get some help. On my whatever page, (you visited ! :)) post the download link as id like to try it. Ever need some noob advice, just ask. I may make a questions page. Or suggest it to someone much greater then i...

Also, if you have the time, could you help me on HELP GUYS by me DarthJango/Weasley, it is a noob error! :)

Wow, thanks. My first credit. And like you, I couldnt do journal entries. But now im registered i may get some help. On my whatever page, (you visited ! :)) post the download link as id like to try it. Ever need some noob advice, just ask. I may make a questions page. Or suggest it to someone much greater then i...

Also, if you have the time, could you help me on HELP GUYS by me DarthJango/Weasley, it is a noob error! :)

Simply visit the mod release thread in the Taris Upper City Emporium. Here is a link for the thread: Click me

Some scripts and maybe the items. Not the skin as its yours. Also, in return i shall see if i can make a new dia file, for maybe a different character. For instance, Creating a jedi who escaped Dsntoine to go to Mannan. No journal entry as i cant do them, just a simple dia. So instead of carth firing script to spawn container jedi does just an idea. Or i could do something else for you...

Some scripts and maybe the items. Not the skin as its yours. Also, in return i shall see if i can make a new dia file, for maybe a different character. For instance, Creating a jedi who escaped Dsntoine to go to Mannan. No journal entry as i cant do them, just a simple dia. So instead of carth firing script to spawn container jedi does just an idea. Or i could do something else for you...

No that seems fine. My primary concern was the skins and models. But the stuff you mentioned is just fine.

of course the stuff you made like skins i wouldn't use, but the scripts could help so thx. :)

It might not matter but I think I should say that the model for Revan's robes are not mine, I got permission from Sithspecter to alter his fix and implement it in my mod. So if you wanted to use it, you would have to ask him.

Archived