Home

{KOTOR 1}[WIP] Halo's Cortana as PC

Fair Strides 2

Hi, I'm a very novice modder. I can make mods compatible(for the most part), can fix 2.DAs, and can do some small skinning. Also, can put mods in TSLPatcher if you want. My main focus, as evident by the title of the topic, is making the well-known hottie of Halo, Cortana, a playable character of K1. I plan on doing it for TSL, though that depends on how well this is received.

I'm opening this topic to ask people's advice and to look for suggestions, in case any of you have any ideas. I will state this right now: I WILL NOT be giving her big breasts, as evident by the pics on( http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=Cortana ), or at least the modeling won't be by me. Meaning you'll have to beg a modeler(not VP; he's a little busy) to get it done. I plan on relating the shift to the darkside to her going crazy in Halo 3, particularly the red eyes.

And here are the screenshots(Please give feedback):

OLD VERSION:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Cortana1.jpg

NEW VERSION:

Show spoiler
Cortana11.jpg

and

OLD VERSION:

Show spoiler
Cortana2.jpg

NEW VERSION:

Show spoiler
Cortana21.jpg

and finally

OLD VERSION:

Show spoiler
Cortana3.jpg

NEW VERSION:

Show spoiler
Cortana31.jpg

Seems like a good idea...

Maybe reskin the others as Chief/Elites/Soldiers? xD reskin hawk outside as Pelican?? :p

It seems pretty cool, and I'd be willing to try it out?

Well, I've got one vote of confidence! :) Only thing I need to check on the head is the ponytail. I'm currently trying to find the non-ponytailed head off of deadlystream. After that, I have to figure out how to link the model to the head, though I think that's automatic. I'm probably gonna be relying on you for the accuracy. I have played Halo 1, 2, and 3, as well as ODST. Thing is, I no longer have access to the game, so I have to work off of my visual memory and some pics off of deviantart.

Also, If you want the Pelican, you'd have to do some serious groveling at a modeler's feet to get them to attempt it! For one thing, the size difference is too great. Walk around the Ebon Hawk, both the inside and outside, and then tell me how someone would expand a Pelican like THAT! Not intending this as offensive, just constructive.

I'm liking it, but are you planning on making her holographic? I'm not sure that would make much sense :/

At first, I entertained the idea, but decided against it. It would be a pain trying to keep it looking holographic, and on top of that, the only holographic in KotOR is Ajunta Pall. Two problems occur here: 1) He's a guy, and 2) because of this, I'd have to edit the model, which is something I know nothing about.

If you want the Pelican, you'd have to do some serious groveling at a modeler's feet to get them to attempt it! For one thing, the size difference is too great. Walk around the Ebon Hawk, both the inside and outside, and then tell me how someone would expand a Pelican like THAT! Not intending this as offensive, just constructive.

Lol, everyone stands by seats, workbench on roof, galaxy map below window :p Nah I was just thinking from the outside.

also, i know this is for Kotor 2, but if you make one for Kotor 1, (This might be KSE-only, not sure) You could use the

UniqueHoloDodanna, and reskin. But she's REALLY short.

Lol, everyone stands by seats, workbench on roof, galaxy map below window :p Nah I was just thinking from the outside.

also, i know this is for Kotor 2, but if you make one for Kotor 1, (This might be KSE-only, not sure) You could use the

UniqueHoloDodanna, and reskin. But she's REALLY short.

Well, you're talking about a reskin here. Hmm, might be possible. I see how it wraps around the frame, though after Cortana is done.

Just saw the second part. Please re-read the posts. I said it's for K1, both in the posts and in the title. I said that I might make it for TSL, though that depends on how well this is received.

I knew that... Though if right reskin has to fill in the current 'shape' of the model, correct? The hat might be a problem

Possibly, though it depends on how you want to do it. I'm picturing starting out with two main types of green and then fleshing it out with shades and hues of those two types. I will of course be going off of my memory and google as a backup resource. Also, did you check out the first post? Follow the links.

• 2 weeks later...
Well personally I don't think dodonna looks anything like cortana, it would probably be easier to just edit a normal head.

Right now, I'm using "PFBH04" Only thing is getting rid of the ponytail. I'm using this head because the bangs are laid out just right, with the placement and length.

EDIT:

I must thank ChAiNz.2da most fervently for his thread on patterns.

( http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158123 )

Because of the thread, I got some patterns off of Adobe and experimented with them. The hair is made up of one of those textures, rotated and cloned as appropriate, and then contrasted to fit my tastes. Anyways, here's the pic:

Cortanashair.jpg

Am also considering changing the texture for Bao-Dur when he falls to the darkside.

Archived