Home

TXI files not working?

Rtas Vadum

Not all of them, no. Most things I have done, or things others have done, the shader effects work fine.

The problem here, is that I've replaced the commoner female model with the "Scout" model, and reskinned/renamed(mostly so I don't have to scour the appearance.2da for entries to change) the textures to match. I've gotten the textures to show up they should, although the shine on them doesn't work. Also, I have the female players set up for the same thing, and doing this somehow made the texture for them one lack the shader effect as well. Which is odd, since every other wearable item for the females do have the effect.

My thinking was that if the envmaptexture line in the appearance.2da file was set to "DEFAULT", then it would either be a texture that does not use a shader effect, or it would be a txi file that would specify it. Although, I have had a few instances of this happening, where giving a texture an alpha channel, and a txi file, the shader effect would not display, even with the "DEFAULT" entry in their line(not changed by me).

So is their an easy fix, or would I have to change the appearance.2da for this to work?

• 3 months later...

To make it transparent just create a .txi file where to specify:

envmaptexture 

No't put any argument after "envmaptexture"

There are other options like making only black color to be transparent or to make tthe texture to light (sort of).

A short list of options available:

envmaptexture cm_baremetal / cm_Bright1 (first is shiny, second is fake self light)

# animate texture
proceduretype cycle
defaultwidth 128
defaultheight 128
numx 2
numy 2
fps 8

# transparency on black
blending punchthrough
blending additive
decal 1

Just test few of them to see how it works (not sure I remember all that things).

i doesnt work for me it seems no matter what it wont get rid of the cursed shiny :( im trying to make it transparent.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=211476

It might have "envmpaptexture CM_Baremetal" in it...

1.) You might try making an empty texture and name it something, but it has to have the same number of characters as CM_baremetal

2.) Then just activate the Alpha Channel on it, making it entirely see-through.

3.) Hex edit the .tpc, replacing "CM_Baremetal" with the name of your texture.

4.) Launch it through a .tga converter, and hope it works...

NOTE: "CM_Baremetal" could be all caps. I'd double check before proceeding.

Archived