Home

Save game files damaged? Pls help me!

Sinistra

Something is really not OK with my KotOR 2, because it does not load the saved game for a long time! It loads for a bit of time, then the whole stuff stops and I can wait even for a hour long, it does nothing, the stripe does not move anywhere. Before this saving it didn't do this and it loads the autosave file(which is accidentally deleted :cry7: ), only not my own saving. Is it possible one of the files is damaged and if yes, what can I do? Hope someone can help me, because I'm going crazy, I don't wanna restart the whole game... :@

Something is really not OK with my KotOR 2, because it does not load the saved game for a long time! It loads for a bit of time, then the whole stuff stops and I can wait even for a hour long, it does nothing, the stripe does not move anywhere. Before this saving it didn't do this and it loads the autosave file(which is accidentally deleted :cry7: ), only not my own saving. Is it possible one of the files is damaged and if yes, what can I do? Hope someone can help me, because I'm going crazy, I don't wanna restart the whole game... :@

Welcome to the forums!!!!:thmbup1: and do you use some mods for tsl??:koon: maiby one mod damaged your tsl???

Yeah, I was thinking about that what if it is just a simple bug.

I tried it, but actually I also have problem with the patch... none of them work, all of them says "old file not found however a file of the same name was found" :S I have US version, and I also tried to install the 1.0b update...

Yeah, I was thinking about that what if it is just a simple bug.

I tried it, but actually I also have problem with the patch... none of them work, all of them says "old file not found however a file of the same name was found" :S I have US version, and I also tried to install the 1.0b update...

l see but wait a minute l had once this bug:rolleyes: but l made a nobol sacrifase l reinstalled the game well funny thing was l was at the nar shadda final level(goto's yact) but some how when l tryed to make a save at nar shadda final level uf that bug appeared that you spoken the scripe just began saving and done it was only haf full scripe but l suggest to reinstall the game if you can that is :(:(:hang1: l known that you don't want to reinstall the game but still you must try :Pout1::ohdear::ohdear: if still this bug appears then sorry my frend:ohdear::ohdear: l wish you luck with this

l was at the nar shadda final level(goto's yact) but some how when l tryed to make a save at nar shadda final level uf that bug appeared that you spoken the scripe just began saving and done it was only haf full scripe

Yessss, Battle, the situation is the same! oO I also stopped at the escaping from Goto's yacht... Btw, I've already reinstalled the game, but it did not help. But thanks for your patience and help, I'm grateful you had a bit time for helping me. :)

CptPrincess, I will try what you advised, then we'll see :)

Which US version are you using? Original CD, KotOR Collection DVD or Steam? It will only need to be patched if it's the original CD version.

When you have a corrupted save, the best thing to do is to go back to an earlier save. That's why it's highly recommended to save often, in several different slots.

Yessss, Battle, the situation is the same! oO I also stopped at the escaping from Goto's yacht... Btw, I've already reinstalled the game, but it did not help. But thanks for your patience and help, I'm grateful you had a bit time for helping me. :)

CptPrincess, I will try what you advised, then we'll see :)

Sorry if it didn't helped this how l fixed once when l had 7 diffrent saves at tsl well one was at nar shadda ofcourse but l'm very sorry if it didn't helped :argh::giveup:

• 1 month later...

I am experiencing a similar problem. I am playing the first Kotor on a Xbox 360. I will try to load a game, but it won't load and says "Damaged Save". The only save that works is the autosave. I am playing with no mods or cheats. PLEASE help me!

Archived