Home

Lightsaber Colors

KaelVirum

Ok, as I've browsed through the files in Kotor Tool, I noticed a couple of interesting .tpcs. The first one, I'm guessing, is a texture for the lightsaber crystals (i.e. PLC_CrystalBlue.tpc) and the other one I assume is used to determine the lightsaber blade color (i.e. w_lsabreblue01.tpc). Now, my question is, how would I modify these to make my own custom colors? Not that I want to get too fancy with it, I simply want to make darker colors for use as a DS player.

Close. The PLC_CrystalBlue is the texture for the blue crystal formations in game.

Blue I think starts at iw_SbrCrstl_014.tpc

So then would I only need to modify the w_lsabreblue01.tpc in order to change the saber color? And how would I link a saber to that color?

So then would I only need to modify the w_lsabreblue01.tpc in order to change the saber color? And how would I link a saber to that color?

Depends on the game. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

In K1, there's a separate instance of each saber, their .uti(universal template for items?) file. It has the color texture hexed into the model.

In TSL it's determined by the .uti itself.

Depends on the game. If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.

In K1, there's a separate instance of each saber, their .uti(universal template for items?) file. It has the color texture hexed into the model.

In TSL it's determined by the .uti itself.

So, for instance, when using Kotor Tool and using the .uti editor, I simply choose lightsaber (i.e. g_w_lghtsbr01.uti) in the templates and can choose the color from there? Do I first have to mod the blade color and drop it in my override to tell the uti what color I want, is it as simple as that?

So, for instance, when using Kotor Tool and using the .uti editor, I simply choose lightsaber (i.e. g_w_lghtsbr01.uti) in the templates and can choose the color from there? Do I first have to mod the blade color and drop it in my override to tell the uti what color I want, is it as simple as that?

Again, which game?

The way the lightsabers work, is the uti files specifying a lightsaber model. The lightsaber model is what determines the color. The 01 model(specified by the uti's Model Variation), is the blue lightsaber. Most of the vanilla models are the same hilt, but each one is used for a different color saber.

If you change the w_lsabreblue.tga(Kotor Tool will extract tpc files in the tga format, which the game will recognize. I.e, you won't need to convert it back for the game to use it), the blue saber will become whatever color you changed it to. You do not need to change the uti file, as nothing in the vanilla files mention the saber's color(save for in the comments tab, which isn't used by the game, and it is only to tell what saber is which).

That aside, you will also need to change the item's icon file(since it's mostly these that specify a saber's color in-game), which is iw_lghtsbr_001. It's under the swpc_tex_gui texture pack.

The way the lightsabers work, is the uti files specifying a lightsaber model. The lightsaber model is what determines the color. The 01 model(specified by the uti's Model Variation), is the blue lightsaber. Most of the vanilla models are the same hilt, but each one is used for a different color saber.

If you change the w_lsabreblue.tga(Kotor Tool will extract tpc files in the tga format, which the game will recognize. I.e, you won't need to convert it back for the game to use it), the blue saber will become whatever color you changed it to. You do not need to change the uti file, as nothing in the vanilla files mention the saber's color(save for in the comments tab, which isn't used by the game, and it is only to tell what saber is which).

That aside, you will also need to change the item's icon file(since it's mostly these that specify a saber's color in-game), which is iw_lghtsbr_001. It's under the swpc_tex_gui texture pack.

Ok, so what I'm understanding is that the w_lsabreblue01.tpc (extracted as .tga) file is the one that I need to modify in order to change the blade color as I would like to, as long as I have a suitable ig_w_lghtsbrXXX.tga dropped into my override folder to go along with it, correct?

How would I do this if I wanted to leave all the colors the same and just add a new one? How would I tell the game to use the new color for a lightsaber, by editing the model number in the .uti file?

Archived