Home

Nexus Mods now hosting Knights 2 files

Canderis

• 4 weeks later...
Who runs/administers the KotOR nexus sites?

Someone who apparently needs money to keep it going. There isn't one free membership option available. I'm sorry, but DeadlyStream is likely to remain the best place for hosting KotOR mods for a long while. So I'm sticking with it.

Lol, you don't need to pay to use the Nexus sites. Yes, it costs money to run, just like any hosting service does. And when you are running what is almost certainly the single largest mod repository on earth, it costs quite a bit (they spent $250,000 on server upgrades this year). Donations/premium membership is entirely optional though. I've never paid them a cent, and I've used it to download Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher, and Dragon Age mods for years, not to mention hosting some of my own mods there.

Someone who apparently needs money to keep it going. There isn't one free membership option available. I'm sorry, but DeadlyStream is likely to remain the best place for hosting KotOR mods for a long while. So I'm sticking with it.

That's interesting, but not actually an answer. What I wanted to know was who would we go to if a mod, for whatever reason (ported content, lack of permissions, etc.) needed to be removed. Because sooner or later, those issues will come up.

Lol, you don't need to pay to use the Nexus sites. Yes, it costs money to run, just like any hosting service does. And when you are running what is almost certainly the single largest mod repository on earth, it costs quite a bit (they spent $250,000 on server upgrades this year). Donations/premium membership is entirely optional though. I've never paid them a cent, and I've used it to download Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Witcher, and Dragon Age mods for years, not to mention hosting some of my own mods there.

Oh? Then I stand corrected. Apologies.

And to answer DarthInsidious's question, they have very active admins/staff, so one probably need only shoot them a PM saying "action is needed for [insert mod and reason]".

That's interesting, but not actually an answer. What I wanted to know was who would we go to if a mod, for whatever reason (ported content, lack of permissions, etc.) needed to be removed. Because sooner or later, those issues will come up.

Nexus isn't new too hosting mods. So I'm certain they have moderators you can easely contact when there's somesort 'abuse' or 'illegale' use of our own mods.

IIRC, there have been issues with Oblivion mods, which they dealt with.

Nexus isn't new too hosting mods. So I'm certain they have moderators you can easely contact when there's somesort 'abuse' or 'illegale' use of our own mods.

IIRC, there have been issues with Oblivion mods, which they dealt with.

True, but neither is moddb, and when I tried to contact them a few years ago, I never got a response to my rquest that they take down some mods uploaded without the authors' permissions. Sadly, not every modding community places quite the same emphasis on mod authors' rights.

The Nexus is far more proactive in policing its rules, and they have a strict policing regarding author's rights. There is a system in place for dealing with such problems. Simply go to the mod's page, and click on the Report File button (in the "Actions" row, under the stats). In the dialogue window that pops up there is a drop-down menu to specify the particular issue, one of which is stealing/unauthorised distribution. Provide some basic info and the mod will be flagged for the moderators to deal with.

Btw, thanks for the heads up Canderis. I have uploaded a couple of my mods.

Archived