Home

[K1]Soldier Skin Comparison?

UltimateHK47

This was posted by me on another site. I have said before I disliked the soldiers clothing default skin, so I changed it up again, from a previous, also quite bad re-skin of mine, which I wasn't happy with. I have been trying to get back into modding, so while going through K1, I hope to address.....'stuff'.

I also made new skins for the solider class because I HATED the old ones. Idk if anyone else feels the same. I gave them a grittier feel, I hope.

Mine:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
URL=https://imageshack.com/i/n1tvi3p]tvi3.png[/url]

2dd7.png

Old:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
aw6w.pngvqhi.png

Thoughts?

Definitely an improvement dude. I've always hated the seemingly lack of quality of textures in this game. I don't know if it was just the time of release and the inability to do higher quality verses disk space or if they just didn't put a lot of effort in it.

Regardless, great job chief.

Definitely an improvement dude. I've always hated the seemingly lack of quality of textures in this game. I don't know if it was just the time of release and the inability to do higher quality verses disk space or if they just didn't put a lot of effort in it.

Regardless, great job chief.

Thanks, I agree, there are definitely a lot more textures in this game that seem if they were rushed and made lazily, this company is capable of great textures and models, and in KotOR they failed to deliver on that part.

• 1 month later...

It's definitely an improvement over the default soldier kit, I have never been a fan of that kit, I really like the design of yours, however the colour scheme of black and grey looks very Sith like to me.

I would try a more republic themed skin, seeing as that's the side our character is on, although I saw you said you were going for a grittier feel, so I don't know how you feel about the brighter red/orange republic colours.

Archived